When you buy an Android smartphone, a PC, or a Chromebook, you will probably want to check Google's Chrome web browser. One of the first things you may want to do is set up a homepage on Chrome. Many, perhaps, most people like to start their own homepage. It offers a direct way to search for anything you want.
"But how do I make Google my homepage on Chrome?" Good question, and that's exactly what we want to reveal in this short article.
Make Google my homepage on Android – how to set it up
- After you open Chrome, tap on the browser's menu icon, which is located on the right side of the app.
- After you check to make sure the "Home page" is in fact turned on, you then tap "Open this page"
- Finally , you just type in the "www.google.com" URL in that section and you are all set. The main Google page should now be set up as your Chrome home page on your Android phone.
Make Google my homepage on PC – how to set it up
If you have the Chrome browser on your PC, or if
- Launch Chrome, and then move your cursor to the Menu icon, which is located
- google homepage two ” width=”1200″ height=”425″ srcset=”https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-1200×425.jpg 1200w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-300×106.jpg 300w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-768×272.jpg 768w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-16×6.jpg 16w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-32×11.jpg 32w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-28×10.jpg 28w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-56×20.jpg 56w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-64×23.jpg 64w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-1000×354.jpg 1000w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-565×200.jpg 565w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two-675×239.jpg 675w, https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/google-homepage-two.jpg 1237w” sizes=”(max-width: 1200px) 100vw, 1200px”/>
- You are now taken to an internal web page, chrome: / on the top right side of the app. / settings /. Scroll down to "On startup" selection, and click on the "Open a specific page or set of pages" option.
- You should now see a new selection: "Add a new page".
- You should then see the "Add a new page" selection pop up, with a "Site URL" option to type. Just type in the "http://www.google.com" URL in that section, and then click the "Add" button. You should be all set. The next time you launch Chrome, Google should appear as your homepage.
That's how you make Google your homepage with Chrome. Keep in mind that these procedures are not limited to the Google site. If you want to use another web page as your Chrome home page, you just type in the appropriate URL, as described in the final section of both tutorials, and it should be set up as your Chrome homepage.