Epic announced today that the much-anticipated account pooling feature is finally live for console gamers. Going to this page gives you an overview of how it works and how it works to make sure that everything runs smoothly and you are not expelled from one of your accounts. To be clear, this is only useful if you have V-Bucks, Fortnite & # 39; s game currency, or collectibles like skins or emotes that are locked to another platform that you have not locked you usually continue playing.
Since last fall, when Sony finally opened the PlayStation platform for Fortnite players, players were allowed to move their Fortnite accounts between PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch , PC and mobile phone. However, since Sony prevented PS4 players from signing in to Switch or Xbox if they had ever authenticated their account through their PSN system, it meant that there was a segment of Fortnite players who might have some collectibles and Currencies had the PS4 version of the game or, alternatively, the switch or Xbox part, if they are primarily PS4 players.
Epic said he was working on a solution that was due to be released later this year, but in November, the developer finally delayed the solution until 201
From there, your secondary account will be connected to your primary account and disabled. This means that you will never be able to log in again. Two weeks later, however, your cosmetics and V-Buck account will appear in your main account. There are a few conditions that must be considered:
- One account must have played on Xbox One or Switch before September 28, 2018, and the other on PS4 in order to be eligible.
- Your account does not have to be banned or disabled.
- In-game items and V-Bucks are kept for two weeks before being merged with your main account.
- You need access to all e-mail addresses associated with your accounts You want to merge.
- If you have a duplicate login from a third-party (such as Facebook) for your primary and secondary account, the secondary login will not be connected. You can ungroup before joining.
- With Battle Royale you can combine all cosmetics. With Save the World, you can bring together Llamas, Defenders, Heroes, Schemes, Survivors, XP, Development Materials and Additions.
- Other items such as Unreal Marketplace items, Creative Islands, and Save The World balance are not reflected in your secondary account.
The most pressing point here is the date request above, indicating that you had to have two of these accounts over a PS4 and an Xbox or a switch before Sony's first cross-play and progression. Another really important thing is that the actual progress in the game is not transferred. So make sure you're not getting an account with an almost completed pass if you move your cosmetics from another platform instead. All in all, it's not a perfect solution, but it seems to be the best we have right now, and it's certainly a godsend compared to inoperable platform nightmare Fortnite players with the introduction of Switch version faced last June.