If you want to sell your phone or experience performance issues, consider a factory reset. There are two ways in which you can do this with the LG G8 ThinQ, which we'll focus on in this post.
But before you go into the main topics, be aware that if you reset to factory settings, all deleted data (pictures, videos, apps …) will be deleted from your phone, so first save it. However, this does not erase anything from the SIM or microSD card.
Resetting the LG G8 to Factory Defaults
This is the easiest and fastest way to reset to factory settings the LG G8. Go to your device's settings, tap the General tab at the top, and choose the Reboot & Reset option. Then tap "Factory Defaults" and select "Reset Phone" below. To complete the process, tap Clear All, and then click Reset. The phone then turns off and returns to factory settings.
- Open the Settings menu
- Tap the General tab at the top and select Restart & Reset.
- Select the option "Reset factory data".
- Tap Reset Phone at the bottom of the screen
- Tap Clear All, then click Reset to complete the process.
How to reset LG G8 in recovery mode
If your phone does not respond If you can not access the settings, you must restore it to the factory settings Reset factory settings. This is a completely different process than the one described above, but just as easy and fast.
First, you need to turn off your LG G8 ThinQ. Then press and hold down the power and volume keys simultaneously and wait for the LG logo to appear on the screen. Then press and hold the volume up button, then release the power button for a second, then press and hold again. A factory reset screen will appear after which you can release both buttons. To clear all data from the device, use the volume key to highlight "Yes" and press the power key to confirm.
- Turn off your LG G8 ThinQ.
- Press and hold the volume keys and power buttons at the same time.
- When the LG logo is displayed, press and hold the volume button, release the power button, and then press and hold it again.
- Release both buttons as soon as the "Reset factory" screen is displayed.
- Use the volume down key to highlight the Yes option.
- Press the on / off button to confirm and complete the process.
There you have it, folks, so you can reset your LG G8 ThinQ to factory settings. Which method did you use? Let us know in the comments.