Meet Tekspert Lorne. A technical specialist at Senior Planet-OATS, Lorne is the local "Tekspert" among his friends. Watch out for his two-week tech tips.
Do you have a picture, video, or other document on your computer that you want to share with friends? Sharing it by e-mail is often the easiest way. I'll show you how to do it when you're working on a computer (it works the same way if you use your email application Gmail, Yahoo, etc. on a smartphone or tablet.)
Are there two ways to send of photos:
- Attach the file to the e-mail. This is the best way if the recipient wants to download the photo to their computer.
- Put the photo in the text of the e-mail. This is the best way if you want the recipient to see the image without having to download it.
What kind of files can I attach to an email?
You can attach almost any type of file, including pictures, documents, and videos. Note that most e-mail services have file size restrictions that you can upload. Therefore, you may be able to upload only short videos.
. 1 How to add a file to an e-mail
The key to all this is the paperclip key!
No matter which e-mail service you use or whether you use your web browser or a mobile app, always use the paperclip icon if you want to add an attachment. This is the universal symbol for attaching a file.
- Find the paperclip icon (see below to find it in your application).
- Click on the paperclip.
- A browser window appears Contents of your computer for your file
- Locate the folder where you saved your file. (Tip: Name your files so you can always find them.)
- Select your file and click Open or Choose in the lower-right corner of the browser window.
Let's take a look at how the paperclip appears Most Popular Mail Applications:
Attach a file to Gmail
Find the paperclip icon at the bottom of your email.
Attach a file to Yahoo
Search for the classic paperclip icon at the bottom of the screen
Attach file to AOL
The Paperclip icon in AOL will point upwards from your screen.
 Attach file in Outlook
The paper clip in Outlook is at the top of the email body.
Using another mail application? Just look for the handy paperclip icon that is likely to appear somewhere above or below the text of your email.
How can you verify that you have uploaded a file correctly? In all email apps you will see successfully attached files listed either at the top or bottom of your email:
2. How to Make a Picture in Your E-Mail Text
For pictures and short videos, you can also use some e-mail applications to insert files directly into the text of your e-mail. All you need to do is click on your file ((19659003)
Like Gmail, you can also use Yahoo to insert files directly into the text of your e-mail:
After moving in, the image is displayed as text in the message: