There are many reasons to buy an Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can use it to intelligently design a standard TV and access all your video streaming apps. Even if you have a smart TV, the Fire-Stick interface is likely to be faster and less error-prone than anything on the TV. More importantly, it's cheap. If you've bought one and are ready to go, you'll find everything you need to know to set up an Amazon Fire Stick.
What you need to get started.
- First, you need to do the following: Make sure the Fire Stick works with your TV. You can start right away if your device has an HD (or higher) resolution and HDMI port. With the right HDMI to AV converter, you can bypass the HDMI connection requirements, but your mileage may vary.
- You need a good internet connection. Each video streaming app has similar minimum speed requirements. For example, Amazon Prime Video requires a 1 Mbps connection for SD content. HD and Full HD increase the minimum to 3.5 Mbps and 15 Mbps for 4K content. Faster, of course, is always better.
- Of course you also need an Amazon Fire TV stick. The price for the 1080p version is currently $ 39.99. For the 4K-enabled device you will receive an additional $ 10. Keep in mind that discounts and special offers are often available to make the Fire Stick even cheaper.
- If you already have an Amazon account, the setup process will be faster. When you buy the device from Amazon, you are asked if you want to connect the Fire Stick to your account.
How to set up the Amazon Fire Stick
- Connect the USB cable to the Power Brick and Micro USB port on the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Connect the Fire Stick to an HDMI port and the Power Brick to a nearby power outlet. The cable in the box is quite long. However, some may require extra length of cable to meet their needs.
- Turn on the TV and use the Source button on the TV remote control (not the Fire Stick remote) to open the correct HDMI channel. In some cases, the connector detects the device and says "Amazon Fire Stick".
- Set up the Fire Stick remote control while charging the device (this may take a few minutes). Insert two AAA batteries into the remote control. Look for a sign with the arrow pointing up on the back. Place your thumb on this mark and gently push the back cover upwards.
- To use the remote, use the ring around the center button to navigate in the user interface. If necessary, press the center button to confirm a selection.
- When the Fire Stick is loaded, press the play / pause button to start the setup process.
src = "https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/how-to-set-up-amazon -firestick-4-840×473.jpg "alt =" Finish the registration process for the Firestick 19659005] You must then connect to a Wi-Fi network and the device automatically scans and lists nearby networks enter the Wi-Fi password (if required).
How to Install Apps on Amazon Fire Stick
- On the Home screen, navigate to the top menu bar and right-click to go to the Apps section.
- You can scroll through feature apps or go right to games and search app categories.
- Click an app to add to your Fire Stick and select Get.
- Note that not every app is free.
- If you know what you are looking for, go to the search area (to the left of Home in the top bar). Enter the name of the app and select the best search result. If the app is available, you can download it.
That's all you need to know to set up an Amazon Fire Stick.