A good playlist can trigger an adrenaline rush at just the right time when you're in the middle of a workout. Modern smartwatches often provide the ability to play and store music, so you can leave your phone at home while exercising. If you have a Fitbit watch, learn how to set up Fitbit music services on your Versa or Ionic watch.
Can I play music on my Fitbit?
First things first, not every Fitbit can play music. If you want to save music to your Fitbit, you'll need to use either the Ionic or the Versa. Note that the Fitbit Versa Lite does not support music storage.
Because of this, there are several ways to add music to your Fitbit Versa or Ionic. If you have a Deezer or Pandora account, Fitbit offers an app that lets you sync your playlists offline. The other method requires an offline music library. Let's examine both options.
How to Store Music on Fitbit Versa or Ionic
Transferring local music to a Fitbit is a relatively straightforward process that requires an app to be installed on your computer.
- Start Broadcasting Visit fitbit.com/setup on your PC or Mac to download the Fitbit Connect app. After downloading, complete the installation to continue.
- There are three different options when you open the app. You can not set up Fitbit Ionic or Versa from a desktop using the mobile app.
- Need additional help? For more information, see our step-by-step Fitbit setup tutorial.
- If you tap the "Manage My Music" tile, you will be asked to log in to your Fitbit account.
- Now go to your watch and swipe to the music app. Touch the Transfer music button to turn on Wi-Fi and make your watch discoverable by the app.
- In the desktop app, you must import an existing playlist or create a new one to transfer to the Fitbit. You can tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner to select folders that you want to import into the app.
- When your playlists have been set up or imported, tap the circle icon next to them to start the transfer process. Be patient – it will take a while.
Your selected playlists should now be on your Fitbit. It's time to pair your favorite Bluetooth earphones and make a run.
Also read: The Best Workout Earphones You Can Buy Now.
How to sync music from Deezer with Fitbit.
When You're Out Fitbit is an all-in program for streaming music and does not have a local music library. This allows you to sync your playlists with Deezer. Of course you need a subscription to Deezer Premium to use this feature.
- In the Fitbit app, go to the Music page in your Fitbit Ionic or Versa settings.
- Select Deezer.
- Open the Deezer app on your watch to gain access to the activation code. Visit fitbit.com/deezer to pair the watch with your Deezer account.
- Login or register for the service. You will now see a list of playlists curated by yourself and by Deezer to sync with your Fitbit.
- Select the playlist and sit back. This process takes some time, depending on the number of tracks you want to sync. It is recommended to charge your Fitbit during music sync.
How to sync Pandora music with Fitbit
- Similar to Deezer, go to the Music page under your Fitbit settings in the Fitbit app.
- Select Pandora and tap the sign-in button.
- You must subscribe to the Pandora Premium Top Service to download music to your Fitbit. A one-month trial is available if you want to test it before signing up for the service.
- When you sign up, you'll find that Pandora does not have as many options as Deezer. The integration allows you to select up to three of your favorite channels. You can also select playlists from the Pandora workout selection. It also downloads a thumbprint radio station based on your listening habits.
Can I transfer music from Spotify to Fitbit?
Unfortunately, Fitbit has not yet partnered with Spotify. There is currently no way to get Spotify support for your Fitbit Versa or Ionic. Fitbit is one of the few major fitness companies that does not yet support Spotify, and admittedly, Deezer and Pandora both have a much smaller subscriber base than Spotify. We hope this will change in the future, but for the time being Deezer, Pandora or local playlists need to be enough.