There are many great content available through a range of apps on an Amazon Fire TV stick. The device also offers some quick and easy ways to mirror or stream content from your PC. Whether sharing a slideshow with photos or watching locally stored movies and TV shows on a larger screen, there are many reasons why this is a very useful feature. To stream from a PC to an Amazon Firestick:
Streaming from a Windows 10 PC to a Firestick
You must review some points before you start On Windows 10, if you're streaming from a PC to a Firestick, you'll first need to make sure your Firestick is properly set up and your PC and Firestick are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Press and hold the Home button until a menu appears on the screen.
- Select Mirror. You will see the message "While this screen is open, guest devices can wirelessly mirror their ad to the Fire Stick (name)."
- On your Windows 10 PC, open the Notifications section by clicking the SMS icon at the bottom right of the screen (it may also be blank if you have no notifications).
- Click Connect. Your Firestick should be listed when both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the Firestick listed and he should connect. Your PC screen should now be mirrored on the TV to which the Firestick is connected.
- Duplicate – This is the default projection mode and basically reflects everything that happens on your PC. This is ideal if you want to share something on a larger screen but do not need to use the PC. In Windows 10, notifications are muted by default so they will not be displayed when you share something.
- Advanced – This allows you to use the Firestick and your TV as a second screen. It's a better option if you want to stream from a PC to a Firestick while using the former.
- Second Screen Only – In this mode, you can use the larger screen as the primary display.  To stop mirroring the display, simply press any key on the Firestick remote control. Note, however, that accidentally pressing will also terminate this mode and you will need to perform the pairing process again.
Streaming from a Mac to a Firestick
There is no direct way to mirror your PC or stream content from a Mac to a Firestick. There are some apps available on the Firestick that use airplay technology to enable screen mirroring. As an example we use AirPlayMirror Receiver.
- The app can be found in the Firestick App Store. Go to the Search section and enter Airplay. Click on the result and you will see a list of apps that support it.
- Locate the AirPlay Mirror Receiver and click on it. Click Get to download the app.
- You must leave the app open to stream from a Mac.
- Go to System Preferences on the Mac.
- Select Displays.
- Choose Show Mirroring Options from the menu, if available. "
- The Airplay icon now appears in the menu bar.
- Open it and select your Firestick device.
The AirPlay Mirror Receiver comes with a free 15-minute trial version to see if it works for you. If you choose to buy, the price is $ 4.99. AirbeamTV is another option. However, you also need to download an app for the Mac and the Fire TV app. You'll also get a free trial here to make sure the apps are compatible with your devices. After that you have to buy the app for 9.99 USD.
Streaming with Plex from a PC to a Firestick
Plex provides an easy way to stream locally stored content to your PC through all your devices. You can easily access videos and photos on smartphones, tablets, and video streaming devices, including the Amazon Firestick.
- Install the app on the Firestick (you can find it using the search function.
- Log in with your Plex account.
- Make sure the device (your PC) is using the home media Server is turned on.
- You should now be able to access all of your content on the Firestick.
The free version of Plex works really well, so to get the most out of Plex, you should also sign up for Plex Pass offers a number of features such as advanced audio features, access to live TV, offline access to mobile devices, the ability to add multiple users, the option to enable parental controls, and more.
That's it for this short overview Styles you can mirror a PC or stream to an Amazon Firestick!