There are many excellent fitness tracking apps, but the best ones usually focus on a specific type of exercise, such as running, cycling or yoga. If you're the kind of person who likes to work out in different ways but want all your fitness data in one place, Google Fit is a good solution.
Here are some instructions for syncing some of the more popular apps with Google Fit, including Runkeeper, Strava, Runtastic, MapMyFitness, Mindbody, and Headspace. We have also included instructions for syncing Life Fitness training equipment. These instructions apply to users who use Android phones or watches with Wear OS. In the near future, a separate pairing guide will be released with the iOS Health App.
If you are using another app, you must first find out if this is the case App is compatible with Google Fit. You can get this list in the Play Store. It is not exhaustive, but it does cover the common fitness tracking apps for most types of exercises.
- Open Runkeeper and choose Settings from the hamburger menu.
- Scroll down and search for "apps, services, and devices."
- Select Google Fit and the Google Account you want to associate with] Confirm the permissions to complete the pairing of the two apps.
After syncing the two apps, Runefinger Google Fit sends all training data that was not manually added. Note that workouts that were logged before pairing the apps will not be sent to Google Fit.
- Open the hamburger menu and click on "Settings".
- Under "Account", tap "Link other services".  Touch "Google Fit" and grant access.
Syncing Strava with Google Fit allows the app to automatically send your distance, speed, and calories after training on Google Fit. When training with Strava on equipment such as the peloton bike and the treadmill, this app also sends this workout data to Google Fit.
- Open Runtastic and go to your profile.
- Tap the gear icon Click Settings for Partner Accounts.
- Select "Sync with Google Fit" to select your Google Account and confirm your permissions.
This way, the app can automatically send your workout data each time you complete an exercise. When you delete a workout through Runtastic, the data from Google Fit will also be deleted.
MapMyFitness has several fitness tracking apps that focus on specific workouts, such as: MapMyHike, MapMyRide, MapMyWalk and MyFitnessPal. However, all apps are pegged in the same way, so you can easily sync all workout data with Google Fit.
- Open the MapMy app that you want to pair.
- Select the hamburger menu to find "Settings".  Scroll down and look for "Google Fit." Enable this option to confirm the permissions.
Mindbody is an app that lets you book training courses in various gyms and track your class schedules. Although it is not a traditional training tracking app like Runtastic and Strava, it can be helpful to save your training to Google Fit on days when you want to try out a new activity like yoga, pilates or boxing.
- Open your profile Tap Settings.
- Scroll to the Integrations menu and search for it.
- Select "Google Fit" and confirm the permissions.
Using Life Fitness Equipment in a Gym or at Home You'll find that some of the newer devices integrate with Google Fit so you can track your workout data directly from the app.
- Open the app and look for "Settings."
- Under "Fitness Apps," search for "Google Fit" and enable this option to confirm permissions.
Mental exercise is still an exercise, and Google Fit You can also track this activity if you use apps like Headspace to reach Zen in no time. After pairing the two apps, your meditations will be displayed under the Google Fit journal tool along with other exercise and sleep activities.
- Open Headspace and click on your username on the right.
- Click the gear icon for Settings. "
- Tap" Google Fit "and enable this option to confirm permissions.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not affect editorial content, although Vox Media may earn commissions on products purchased through affiliate links. For more information, see of our Ethics Policy .