Although streaming services like Spotify and Tidal are conquering the market, many music lovers prefer to download their music and save it to their hard drive. Apple's iTunes is still one of the most popular ways to do this, despite its shortcomings and the fact that Apple is moving away from the venerable service, but it's not easy to sync your iTunes library with an Android device.
Read: How to Switch from iPhone to Android: Sync Your Contacts, Photos, and More!
There is no iTunes for Android, so you'll need to take a few extra steps to get it up and running. There are several ways to transfer your music from iTunes to an Android phone or tablet, as listed below. Read the complete guide and decide which method is right for you.
To transfer your music from iTunes to Android:
Copy your music files manually.
The easiest way to transfer iTunes music files to your Android device is to manually copy them. All you need is a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer, and a little patience.
How to Manually Copy iTunes Music to Android
- Create a new folder on your desktop . 19659013] Copy the music files to transfer to the new folder.
- Connect your Android device to your computer with a USB cable. You may need to adjust your phone settings to transfer files over USB (the option should appear in your notifications). Delete the music folder.
This method can be cumbersome if you want to copy individual titles, not entire albums. You may also lose album art and title metadata, depending on which Android music player you're using.
Syncing iTunes with Google Play Music
The Cloud Revolutionized It The way people interact with their files is no different. With Google Play Music, you can now sync your entire iTunes library with the cloud and play it anywhere. This is by far the easiest way to sync a large number of files from iTunes to Android.
There are, however, a few important reservations. First, you need an internet connection, at least for the initial setup. Because Google Play Music is essentially a music streaming service / cloud storage, you're almost always going to use your data unless you're stuck with all your albums. Pinning will simply download the music to your phone's memory. There is also a limit of 50,000 titles, but this will probably not be a problem unless you have a really extensive library.
How to Transfer iTunes Music to Google Play Music
- Download Google Play Music Manager on your PC.
- Install the program and run it.
- During setup, it is possible to upload songs to Google Play .
- Select iTunes And finish the initial setup.
- Lean back and let the program upload all your songs to Google Play Music.
Streaming iTunes on Android with Apple Music
If you do not want to give up the Apple / iOS ecosystem, Apple Music is one good way to access iTunes on Android. There is no iTunes app for Android, but there is an Android app for Apple Music. Similar to Google Play Music, you can stream your entire iTunes library from your Android phone or other device by simply logging in to your Apple account.
See also: Apple Music vs. Spotify vs. Google Play Music
Apple With music, you can also stream 50 million songs and listen to curated playlists, but there's a catch. Unlike Spotify, there is no free version. To stream iTunes music to Android, you must pay a monthly subscription fee of $ 9.99. If this is not a dealbreaker, do the following:
Stream iTunes from iTunes to Apple Music
- Open iTunes on your PC and navigate to Settings . 19659013] On the General tab enable the iCloud Music Library and click OK . The option is dimmed unless you have an Apple Music account.
- Download the Apple Music app on your Android device.
- Sign in with your Apple ID . Your iTunes music should be available for streaming.
If you can not find your iTunes music, there are a couple of ways to fix it:
- Make sure you're signed in on both devices with the same Apple ID.
- Update the app to the latest version on all devices.
- Update your iCloud library at File> Library> Update iCloud Music Library .
Syncing iTunes and Android with a third-party app
You can use multiple third-party applications to sync your iTunes Transfer music directly to Android. One of our favorites is the doubleTwist app for Windows. With this application you can transfer your playlists, music and videos from iTunes to your Android phone.
When syncing files with doubleTwist, keep in mind that the copied music files in the music folder are stored in the internal memory of the phone or tablet.
Syncing iTunes with Android with doubleTwist
- Install and start doubleTwist on your computer.
- Connect your Android device to the computer. Make sure that USB mass storage mode (or MTP) is enabled.
- Your device should be automatically detected, which triggers a sync window.
- On the Music tab in doubleTwist, check the box next to Sync Music and select all the sections you want to send to your phone (playlists, albums, artists, and genres).
- Tap the Sync Now button in the lower right corner to start transferring your music to your Android phone.
This is our guide to getting your iTunes music on Android!