Samsung and Epic Games have teamed up for Galaxy Note 9 ($ 1,000 at Amazon.com) to give Samsung customers a custom Galaxy Skin. With the grade 9 now available, players playing Fortnite along with the Galaxy Skin, want to improve their looks.
The skin itself is pretty sweet. Your character is covered with stars and other space artifacts. You can watch a video of Fortnite Streamer Ninja with the Galaxy Skin a few days ago.
What is certainly a disappointment for some to unlock the Galaxy Skin, you need either Samsung Galaxy Tab ($ 84 at Amazon.com) S4 or the Galaxy Note 9. At the moment, these two devices are the only devices that unlock the skin. Could Samsung open the skin for more own devices? For sure! But right now that's not the case.
Download and install the Fortnite Installer from the Samsung Galaxy Apps Store on a suitable device – not directly from Epic Games. This last part is important.
Follow the rest of the process described in this post to completely install the game.
Here's some bad news – Samsung makes it clear that skin can only be unlocked once per device so you can not log into a friend's cell phone to unlock the skin.
If you have pre-ordered the grade 9, be it from a mobile service provider or directly from Samsung, you can choose between either a pair of wireless AKG headphones or a Fortnite Gaming Bundle with 15,000 VBucks and the Galaxy Skin.
For those who have chosen the Fortnite Bundle or have not yet selected a promotional item, here is how to trade the bundle and your VBucks and the Galaxy Skin:
- Download and install the Shop Samsung App on your Note 9 and log in with your Samsung account.
- Tap the menu button (the top three rows on the left) followed by My Inbox .
- For those who have already registered for the Fortnite package, tap View My Status and go to step 6.
- For those who have not yet registered for the package, check that your device is suitable and submit the Fortnite package as your offer.
- Once you've been approved, you'll receive an email calling you back to the app to claim your items] When you see the status of your advertising order, you'll see a button labeled Redeeming the game pack ; Tap on it.
- On the following screen, log into your Epic Games account and allow the Samsung App shop to access your Epic Games account.
Once this is done, quit the Shop Samsung app and start Fortite. If prompted, sign in with the same Epic Games account you used in the last step, otherwise you'll be greeted with a notification that unlocks the Fortnite bundle, including the Galaxy Skin.
Not pre-ordered? Do not worry.
The Galaxy Skin is not just a pre-order advantage, it's for all owners of Galaxy Note 9 (and Tab S4). However, the process is changing quite a bit for customers who bought a phone after pre-ordering.
According to Samsung, you need to do the following:
- Download and install Fortnite from the Galaxy Apps Store  When the game is installed and you're logged in, play three matches.
- You must either be eliminated or win the round and tap Back to Lobby Button for a game to count. That is, when you come by, you run around for a second or two, then go back to the lobby, where it does not matter. The same goes for the elimination in a match and instead of going back to the lobby, you leave the game.
- Within 24-48 hours after recording three matches, you will receive a gift box in the lobby. Tap the box to open it and add the skin to your account.