Operators are often the first choice if you want to purchase the latest flagship phone because the prices for them are lower than the prohibitive sums you would pay. manageable otherwise. Of course, this route is usually tied to 24-month contracts. If you've exceeded the two-year limit or you want to change networks but want to keep the phone, you'll need to unlock it. Fortunately, British networks like EE have made it pretty easy to do that. To unlock your EE phone:
Do not miss: choose the best UK mobile network | Best phones under GBP 500 in the UK
Can an EE phone be unlocked?
The simple answer is "yes". However, there are certain conditions, depending on your device and the type of plan you have signed up for. In fact, some devices will automatically unlock after some time.
- Every iPhone sold by EE is automatically unlocked after 18 months. You can check if the iPhone is unlocked by sending UNLOCK to 150.
- All generations of the Google Pixel series are unlocked after 721 days, leaving the end of a two-year deal.
- All other devices require an unlock code from EE.
Please note that devices connected to company accounts can not be unlocked. You must contact the Account Manager to submit an unlock request.
How much is unlocking an EE phone?
The cost of unlocking your EE phone depends on a number of factors – the nature of your plan You have subscribed to the contract and know if you are still in the contract or not.
- Pay Monthly by Phone : £ 8.99 in contract or for free if you are not in contract.
- Pay at will or Flex : If you bought the phone directly from EE, you can unlock it for free. If not, it is £ 8.99.
- Used Phones : If you have purchased a phone that is locked for EE, in stores like eBay, Gumtree, or if one is offered to you, this is the case Unlocking the phone costs £ 8, 99th
- Small Business EE Phone : £ 8.99 in contract or for free if it is not in the contract.
How long does it take to unlock the phone?
- If you own an Apple device and have a monthly plan, you can unlock the phone immediately.
- Most other devices are unlocked within 72 hours maximum.
- In some cases, EE may need to unlock the phone to unlock the phone from the device manufacturer. In this case, it may take up to 10 days for the phone to unlock. You will be notified if it takes more than 72 hours.
How to Unlock Your EE Phone
- There are certain conditions that you must meet to unlock your monthly phone when you are still in contract.
- Be the EE account holder for the device.
- You must have been on the phone for at least six months.
- Make sure your billing payments are up to date.
- The device is not reported as lost or stolen.
- How to Unlock an iPhone with a Monthly Payment :
- Log in to My EE.
- Go to Menu> Manage Devices .
- Select the tab. Device Tools .
- Select . Unlock Your Phone and follow the instructions on the screen.
- For all other phones :
- Access the instructions for unlocking EE devices and follow the instructions. You will be asked for details of your plan, whether you meet all the requirements to unlock your phone and your personal account details to complete the process.
Pay as you go or Flex tariffs
- You get a pay as you go or unlocked flex device as soon as I buy it at EE.
- First, make sure the device is registered. Call 150 over the phone.
- If you are registered, read the instructions for unlocking the EE device and follow the instructions.
- If you purchased a used phone that is locked If you are calling from a landline or non-EE phone, dial 0800 956 6000. Select option 2 and then option 4. You will run one first Security check by unlock instructions.
That's all you need to know to unlock EE phones! More information about the UK can be found below.