Listen, Apple Music Subscribers – HomePod is no longer the only smart speaker that can handle your music more. Apple has partnered with Amazon to enable streaming on Echo devices, so all your songs, albums, and playlists work well. To set up everything:
- Open the Alexa app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Tap the menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Navigate to Settings ] Type Music under Alexa Preferences .
- Touch the plus sign next to Link New Service .
- Select Apple Music
- Enter your username and password and the two-factor authentication code.
- Tap To use enable "Skill" on the Alexa page.
- Type in Apple Authentication
That was & # 39; s. Now you can say, "Alexa, play" Imagine "by Ariana Grande on Apple Music" and it starts to play. You can also ask Alexa to stream playlists, charts, and Beats 1 radio. But saying "Apple Music" is not fun. Luckily, Amazon lets you set a default music service for your echo (as opposed to HomePod). Proceed as follows:
- Go to Settings in the Alexa app.
- Music and scroll to Default Services .
- Select Apple Music as the default music library and standard channels.
Now you just have to query Alexa, and Apple Music is automatically searched for Amazon Music or Spotify. Depending on your echo, the song may not sound as good as on the HomePod, but any echo you buy is much cheaper. In addition, you can always connect a Bluetooth speaker to amplify the sound.