Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass is a subscription service that provides access to dozens of games when needed. It's a great value if you want to play and discover new games. Now, because it's not just a console, but a PC version, your subscription can accompany you from your Xbox One to your Windows 10 computer.
However, the extension to Windows PCs did not go smoothly. With an Xbox One, you can access your Game Pass directly from the Home Dashboard. However, finding Game Pass games on a PC is a completely different matter.
There are two ways to find Game Pass games on the PC. For the first and simplest method, you'll need to download a free app, although I think it's worth the effort. The second method does not require any additional installations, but finding compatible Game Pass games is more cumbersome.
Get Game Pass first
If you have already subscribed to Game Pass Ultimate or Game Pass on the PC, you can skip this step. Start for everyone else here.
You can subscribe to Game Pass for PC for $ 4.99 per month (this is an introductory price, the total price will eventually be $ 9.99 per month) or for Game Pass Ultimate for $ 1
Access Game Pass Games on the PC via the Xbox
This is the easiest and most user friendly way to find Game Pass games that can be played on a PC.
- Download the new Xbox app on Windows 10 first. Go to the Microsoft Store and search for the "Xbox (Beta)" app or search at this link.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account. You get a more luxurious interface than the Microsoft Store. Even better, Game Pass games are displayed on the first screen and, unlike the default view of the store, everything the Xbox app displays can be played on the PC.
Once you've installed the games you want to play, you can launch them from the Xbox app or through a shortcut created during the installation.
Access Game Pass games on the PC through the Microsoft Store.
All PC games that are currently playable on Game Pass can be found in the Microsoft Store, the Windows 10 App Store, which is installed by default on every Windows 10 computer. No additional installation required.
As mentioned above, this is the more confusing way to find Game Pass games that work on your PC. I recommend downloading the Xbox app listed above, but this option works if you are in a hurry and do not want to worry about downloading.
- Open the Microsoft Store.
- On the Store Home page, click the menu. Click the button in the upper-right corner of the window and select "My Library" to display all the content you own.
- Search for "Xbox Game Pass" and click on this option. All games included in Game Pass are displayed.
Unfortunately, this view displays all Game Pass games, even those that can only be played on the Xbox console. And there's no way to filter the view so that Xbox One games disappear.
Did I mention that the Xbox app for Windows 10 is just a lot better?
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not affect editorial content, although Vox Media may earn commissions on products purchased through affiliate links. For more information, see of our Ethics Policy .