Losing your cable box in favor of streaming everything over the Internet can save you money. However, trying to look at seasonal content can cause pain. Football is a tradition of Thanksgiving in many households, and thankfully, it's easy even if you cut the cable.
Watch for streaming service
Cable replacement services usually provide access to local channels such as NBC, CBS and FOX. Which are the three channels that broadcast football for Thanksgiving? Each of the different services offers a free trial, but the duration of the trial varies. Depending on what hardware you use at home, a service may be better for you.
- YouTube TV is available for $ 40 a month and offers a one-month free trial. It can be used on the Web, iOS, Android, Chromecast displays (including Google's Smart Displays), Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Xbox One and Samsung and LG Smart TVs after 2016. You can sign up for YouTube TV here .
- Hulu with Live TV is also available for $ 40, but the free trial is only available for a week. You can watch it on the Internet, on iOS, Android, Chromecast displays, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, Roku, Windows 10, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Samsung and LG Smart TVs and Nintendo Switch. You can sign up for Hulu on Live TV here.
- PlayStation Vue costs $ 45 a month for the cheapest fare, but you can still watch local channels. PlayStation Vue offers a five-day free trial and can be viewed on PlayStation 4, iOS, Android, Chromecast displays, Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV and Roku. You can sign up for PlayStation Vue here.
- DirecTV Now costs $ 40 a month and offers a one-week free trial. You can watch it on the Internet, iOS, Android, Chromecast displays, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku and Samsung Smart TVs after 2017. Here you can sign up for DirecTV Now.
- Sling TV starts at $ 25 a month and offers a one-week free trial. You can watch Sling TV on the Internet, iOS, Android, Chromecast displays, Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku, Samsung and LG Smart TVs from 2016 and certain Xfinity cable boxes. A disadvantage of Sling is that you need an over-the-air antenna to see local channels. This is probably what you are going to watch the football game. Here you can sign up for Sling TV.
With the NFL Game Pass
NFL Game Pass, you can watch games for $ 99 a year at any time. You can get a one-week free trial and the app is available on iOS, Android, Android TV, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. However, there is a big drawback: there are some games that you can only watch on your smartphone. Also, you can not watch these games on the big screen with Chromecast or AirPlay. It's not a big deal if you're the only one watching, but it will not happen that your entire family is being watched on a 6-inch screen.
Buy an Over-The-Air Antenna  While you can retrieve most content over the internet, the use of a good over-the-air antenna (OTA) is great for shows and sporting events that are on local channels are broadcast. Even the latest smart TVs have a coaxial input for connecting an antenna. Using an antenna may be even better than streaming the game over the Internet: you can stream your game without competing with your kids' tablet for internet bandwidth. and you do not have to worry about the stream because a person's network crashes .
OTA antennas work just so you do not have to replace them in three years. You can already get an antenna for $ 15 as long as you are close enough to your favorite . Certain OTA antennas include a free trial for Sling TV so you can start the rest of your cable cutting right away.
If you have to decide which option to watch the games you want, you can still watch this Thanksgiving and save money by cutting the cable!