After six beta releases, iOS 11.4 was officially released for everyone with a compatible iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Some features are the ones that Apple promised eight months ago when iOS 11 was first released. This update makes sense, as iOS 12 will be announced at WWDC on June 4, and you can not announce a new version without first fulfilling the promised promises.
The iOS 11.4 update is more of a stability update than the feature-filled iOS 11.3, but it's far from a blank version. New features in the robust iOS 11.4 update include AirPlay 2 support, iCloud news, limited USB mode, and a new wallpaper to name the big names. There's even a solution to the awkward 3D touch problem that has plagued iPhone users since iOS 1
You can now download the new update under Settings -> General -> Software Update. Once you see the new update, you can follow the instructions on the screen to download and install iOS 11.4
News on iCloud that we hoped would appear in the first release of iOS 11 enabled effortless message synchronization between iOS and Mac devices as long as your Mac is running macOS 10.13.5 or later
AirPlay 2, which allows users to control multiple speakers at home with Control Center, HomeKit and Siri. You can start playing from one room to another, transferring audio from one room to another, playing music on all the speakers throughout the house, and even turning your two HomePods into stereo speakers.
While beta testers had not been able to handle the functions for some time, it was not certain that Messages on iCloud and AirPlay 2 would make it to the official version of iOS 11.4. Apple has led us to believe that we will see their launches on iOS 11.3, as the features were included in the beta version of this release. Nonetheless, 11.3 came and went without these features, Apple instead opted to continue its beta testing at 11.4.
Apart from these two major updates, other new features in iOS 11.4 include a new wallpaper for iPhone 8 and 8 Plus models, which was previously only available on the PRODUCT (RED) iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, a fix for the dreaded 3D Touch Bug and ClassKit support for educational purposes (school iPads only) available.
For the safety-conscious Apple fans, iOS 11.4 introduces a new feature that's certainly of interest. After seven days, your iPhone will only restrict the Lightning port to the charging mode. If an intruder attempts to use a USB iPhone cracking tool such as Grayshift or Cellebrite after this time, his efforts will fail.
Below are Apple's full release notes for iOS 11.4.
iOS 11.4 Includes AirPlay 2 multi-room audio, support for HomePod stereo pairs and messages in iCloud. This update also contains bug fixes and improvements.
- Control your home audio system and AirPlay 2-enabled speakers throughout your home
- Play music on multiple AirPlay 2-enabled speakers in-house at the same time, all in sync  Control AirPlay 2-enabled speakers from the Control Center, lock screen or AirPlay control in apps on your iPhone or iPad
- Use your voice to control AirPlay 2-enabled speakers with Siri iPhone or iPad, HomePod or Apple TV
- Call or play a game on your iPhone or iPad without interrupting playback on your AirPlay 2-enabled speakers
HomePod Stereo Pair
- This update helps set up your HomePod stereo pair with your iPhone or iPad
- The HomePod pair automatically detects its position in the room and equalizes the sound based on the positions of the speakers
- Advanced Beamforming features a wider soundstage than traditional stereo pairs
- Ho mePod is automatically updated to support stereo pairs unless automatic updates are disabled in the Home app
News in iCloud
- Save your messages, Photos and other attachments in iCloud and free up space on your devices
- All your messages will be displayed when you log in to a new device with the same iMessage account
- When you delete messages and conversations, they are immediately deleted removed from all your devices
- To enable messages in iCloud, enable messages in iCloud Settings (Settings> Your Name> iCloud)
- Your conversations continue to be encrypted
Further improvements and corrections
- Allows teachers teaching their students how to read activities on iBooks using the Schoolwor Fix k-app
- Fixes an issue where certain factors are taken into account Strings can cause messages to crash
- Fixes a message issue that may cause some messages to not appear in the correct order
- Fixes an issue that could prevent you from logging in or accessing f ile on Google Drive, Google Docs, and Gmail in Safari
- Fixes an issue that might prevent data synchronization in Health
- Fixes a problem that prevents users from doing so could fix which apps can access health data
- Fixes a problem an app is displayed in a wrong location on the home screen
- Fixes an issue where CarPlay audio could be distorted
- Fixes Problem where music selection from your iPhone may fail when playing music over Bluetooth or when connected to USB Some Vehicles
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, visit this Web site: