Apple released iOS 12.3, the latest version of iOS 12 for the iPhone, on May 13th. Useful features include Apple TV channels like HBO and Showtime, which you can subscribe to in the TV app. and streaming video to AirPlay 2-enabled TVs, as well as the ability to pay for content and subscriptions in Apple's own apps using Apple Pay.
The software spent nearly seven weeks beta testing before it became available to all. Apple released 12.3 beta 6, the final beta, on Friday, May 13, a few days after beta 5. While iOS 12.3 does not offer as many new features as iOS 12.2, there are a few important things for the iPhone that you need to know ,
Subscribe to Premium Channels in Apple TV
By far the most important feature of iOS 12.3 is Apple TV channels. Launched in March as part of Apple's large subscription presentation, this feature makes it easy to subscribe to and watch the participating premium TV channels and networks in one place. This location: the updated Apple TV app.
If you subscribe to a premium channel on Apple TV, you do not even have to install the app for each service, because everything is done right in the Apple TV app. Current Premium channels you can subscribe to include Acorn TV, Cinemax, Comedy Central Now, CuriosityStream, Epix, HBO, Lifetime Movie Club, MTV Hits, PBS Living, Showtime, Smithsonian Channel, Starz, Sundance Now , Tastemade and Urban Movie Channel.
Apple TV Channels is currently the only way to download HBO content for offline viewing. If you're a HBO GO or HBO Now user, you know that the curse of any Game of Thrones fan is the lack of downloadable content. This change alone could be enough to induce HBO subscribers to sign in via Apple TV Channels instead of their cable provider or directly through the service.
. 2 Apple TV has received a massive makeover
The new feature "Apple TV Channels" is definitely the coveted ticket item in the Apple TV app, but it's not the only new feature. The app has a new icon, the menu bar has been simplified, in the "Watch Now" section there are new tabs, movies and TV shows are streamlined in a new look, cover art in the "Library" section has been slimmed down to fit more on the Screen, and it may even be suggested to which TV AirPlay content should be applied. For all details on these and other features, we have a complete synopsis of the new iOS 12.3 TV app.
3. You Can Use Apple Pay in Apple Apps
Although not released on iOS 12.3, the new update also allows the use of Apple Pay to make purchases on the App Store, iTunes, Apple TV, and Apple books Apps, along with Apple Music, Apple News + and iCloud Storage subscriptions. This means that you can finally use other payment cards than those included with your Apple ID, including Apple Cash.
To use Apple Pay in the mentioned apps, you must add your Apple Pay cards as a payment options for your Apple ID. To do so, open the settings, tap "iTunes & App Store" and select your Apple ID email address. Then tap Show Apple ID, and then tap Manage Payments.
If your primary Apple ID payment method is already used for Apple Pay, you can link them together. To add more, tap Add Payment Method, then tap the Apple Pay cards you'd like to add in Found in Wallet . It's a server-side update, so be patient and try again later.
. 4 There is AirPlay 2 support for third-party TV sets
AirPlay 2 is not new, but AirPlay 2 support for third-party TV sets has been around for a long time by Apple and now you can enjoy videos, photos, music and Share more directly from your iPhone on a supported TV.
Other manufacturers that will soon be supporting AirPlay 2 streaming are LG, Sony and VIZIO. Others may follow if we are lucky.
. 5 Other AirPlay 2 Features
Apart from the third-party TV support, Apple has listed the following additional features for AirPlay 2 in the Release Notes for iOS 12.3:
- One-Touch Play plays the selected TV show or the last selected movie automatically from the screen you used based on time and location.
- Siri Movie watching and TV show suggestions now include an option for AirPlay.
- Intelligent suggestions are all made on the device, so your personal information stays private.
If you subscribe to Apple Music, on the "For You" tab you'll know there are suggestions for music based on themes, including various genres, artists, and moods You often use it to listen. In iOS 12.3, these recommendations are now updated several times a day instead of just once.
For those of you who subscribe to Apple News + in the News app, it's now easier to follow magazines as you do so directly from the catalog view. Previously, you had to tap on a journal first to see the option that you can follow. Now you can do it right away.
Apple's release notes list the following fixes related to Apple TV Remote, Wi-Fi calls, and metadata that do not appear on stereo displays when connected consists of a car.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent Apple TV Remote can not pause, control videos, or change volume on supported receivers.
- Fixes a problem that may cause calls to be canceled via Wi-Fi.
- Fixes an issue where song information from a connected iPhone may break off on a car's display.
You can view security updates on the Web site. However, one important point is that Apple resolved a vulnerability that allowed someone with access to your iPhone to see your iTunes email address. We assume that this is done on the lock screen, but no indication is given. Another important point is that your iPhone was previously tracked through its Wi-Fi Mac address, but Apple removed the sent MAC address for privacy reasons.
Upgrade to iOS 12.3 if you have not already.
To download and update your iPhone to iOS 12.3, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update. After loading the update for iOS 12.3, follow the instructions on the screen to download and install the new software.
iOS 12.3 supports AirPlay 2-enabled TVs and a redesigned Apple TV app. This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
- AirPlay 2 now supports direct sharing of videos, photos, music and more from your iPhone and iPad on your AirPlay 2-capable Smart TV.
- One-tap playback automatically plays your selected TV show or movie on the last screen used, based on time and location.
- Siri Proposals to watch movies and TV shows now include an option for AirPlay.
- Intelligent proposals are all made On the device, your personal information remains private.
Apple TV App
- The Apple TV app has a brand new design that highlights expertly compiled collections and personalized recommendations.
- Apple TV channels offer HBO subscriptions, Showtime, Starz and more can be viewed online or offline directly in the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV channel subscriptions can be shared with up to six family members without the need for new apps, accounts, or passwords.  New Release ase movies can be bought or borrowed on the Apple TV app, including the full catalog of over 100,000 movies and the largest selection of 4K HDR titles.
- A new section dedicated to children helps you find editorially selected shows and movies for children of all ages.
- The Apple TV app can now intelligently suggest playing on the most likely Apple TVs or AirPlay 2-capable TVs in the area.
This update also contains bug fixes and improvements. This update:
- Adds the ability to follow a journal in the Apple News + Catalog view.
- Apple Music's For You tab is now updated several times a day, suggesting music based on themes like genres, artists, and moods you love.
- Fixes a problem that can prevent Apple TV Remote from pausing the video, controlling the video, or changing the volume on supported receivers.
- Fixes a problem that may cause calls to be canceled via Wi-Fi.
- Fixes an issue where song information from a connected iPhone may not be displayed on a car's display.