For the second year in a row, Apple released a new developer beta for iOS 12 on a Monday, and for the first time this turn, they made it only a week after the last one. While Version 6 of iOS 12 Developer Beta 6 does not contain a wealth of updates, there are a few more things you should know.
Overall, the iOS 12 Developer Beta 6 does not seem to be anything big, just minor bug fixes and security patches. Of these, however, they solved some Bluetooth issues, as well as some Siri-related ones. See the full release notes below to see exactly what these closures are. But stay tuned for more, because we'll update this article with new information as we immerse ourselves in the software.
To upgrade your iPhone to iOS 1
This update was developed for developers only. Public beta testers will receive the same update as "iOS 12 public beta 5" the following day, August 7, if it matches previous public beta releases; Public beta 4 came just one day after developing Beta 5.
All release notes below apply to both iOS 12 developer beta 6 and public beta 5.
Im The following is a list of fixed issues in dev beta 6, according to Apple's release note:
- After the device restarts, the paired Bluetooth accessory may no longer work properly, or it may become the device's address Name displayed. (42397527) – Workaround: In the Bluetooth settings, select Forgot this device and pair the accessory with your device again.
- If you use Apple Pay Cash to send or solicit money, you may receive an error. (41015948) – Workaround: Add a dollar amount to the Siri request, for example: "Send $ 10 to Johnny Appleseed with Apple Pay."
- Siri can not open an app by name while using CarPlay. In addition, shortcuts that require opening an app do not work. (41099393)
- Some shortcuts requests may not be successful and show "links continue with your request." If your app sends a ContinueInApp response code, Siri will not launch the app. (41507171)
- Users may not see a custom UI when using Siri Suggestions built-in shortcuts. (42406900) – Workaround: Add the shortcut to Siri in Settings> Siri & Search. Then use Siri to perform the join and check the custom UI in Siri.
This list contains all known issues that are included in Developer Beta 6. New issues appear in bold:
Accessibility:  Settings may exit unexpectedly when you try to view or select a voice in the language settings. (42859905)
- Various CoreGraphics calls have been hardened to prevent invalid parameters from continuing. In iOS 12 Beta, these calls can now return NULL or return early. (19639060)
- Apple TV (3rd generation) may not work as a HomeKit hub in Beta 6. Apple TV (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K may not appear as a HomeKit hub unless setup was completed on an iOS device. (42782193) – Workaround: Add Apple TV to your home via Settings> AirPlay> Room.
- Inviting iOS 11 users who have multiple email addresses associated with their Apple ID may not be successful. (41033550) – Workaround: Send the invitation to another email address or phone number associated with the Apple ID of the iOS 11 user.
- Certain languages may have a truncated or misaligned layout. (40420329)
- Certain languages may display untagged text. (40420422)
- When a queueTransaction is run on the applicationQueuePlayer to change the location of a song, the queue is returned unchanged. (39401344)
Phone and FaceTime:
- Group FaceTime calls can not be initiated between iOS 12 Beta 3 and the first iOS 12 beta release. (39873802) – Workaround: Users Should Upgrade to iOS 12 Beta 3 or Later
- iPod touch (6th generation only), iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, and iPad Air Audio ( no video) during Group FaceTime calls in iOS 12 Beta.
- In iOS 12 Beta, Camera Effects is only available in messages on iPhone SE and iPhone 6s or higher and not available on the iPad. Camera Effects in FaceTime is only available on iPhone 7 or later and not available on the iPad.
- Wi-Fi calls may unexpectedly quit when switching from Wi-Fi to mobile on the T-Mobile network. (39251828)
- "Picked Up Phone" statistics may be bloated due to data syncs from other devices logged into the same iCloud account. (39917173)
- When running an NSUserActivity-based shortcut, Siri may not automatically open the app and instead display an open button to open the app. (42773201)
- The settings may unexpectedly quit when you attempt to open Siri & Search if you have uninstalled FaceTime, Mail, Google Maps, or Voice Memos. (42789893) – Workaround: Install the missing apps.
- Unnecessary keyboard shortcuts may work while using CarPlay. (42444240)
- While several rideshare programs are installed, Siri can open the app instead of specifying an ETA or location. (42324032) – Workaround: Ask Siri again about the ETA or location.
- Siri Shortcuts may not work when a device is locked. (41307405)
- In Swift, the shortcut property of INVOiceShortcut must be accessed as _shortcut. (40418400)
- Siri keyboard shortcuts are available on iPhone 6s or higher, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air 2, and iPad mini 4. (40669231)
- Enabled Using a UICollectionViewCell subclass that requires updateConstraints () may cause problems with systemLayoutSizeFitting (_ :). (42138227) – Workaround: Do not call the cell's setNeedsUpdateConstraints () method unless you need to support live constraint changes. If you need to support live constraint changes, call updateConstraintsIfNeeded () before calling systemLayoutSizeFitting (_ :).
- When using messages in the iOS Simulator, a message from user A to user B may not be delivered. (40916530) – Workaround: Send a message from user B to user A.