Apple developers, check your iPhones – Apple released the eighth developer beta for iOS 12 on Wednesday, August 15. This update comes just two days after the release of dev beta 7, which Apple quickly withdrew after complaining about unusual performance and stability issues
It would make sense that Beta 8 is identical to Beta 7 except for the above issues we will not know for sure until we dip. Check back to learn more about the new – if any – in dev beta 8.
To update your iPhone to access iOS 12 dev beta 8, you must first be a registered developer with a valid configuration profile , If you've enabled iOS 12's new "Automatic Updates," you can have the software updated overnight. To download the beta version now, start the app settings, select "General" and then "Software Update". Tap Download & Install and follow the onscreen instructions to download and install iOS 1
Here are all fixed issues with dev beta 8:
- Running apps may take longer than expected. (43122782)
- The settings may stop unexpectedly when you try to view or select a voice in the language settings. (196599009) HomeKit:
- Apple TV (3rd generation) may not work as a HomeKit hub in Beta 6. Apple TV (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K may not display as a HomeKit hub if Setup was not used with an iOS device. (42782193) – Workaround: Add Apple TV to your home via Settings> AirPlay> Room.
- When you run an NSUserActivity-based shortcut, Siri may not automatically open the app and instead display an open button to open the app. (42773201)
- The settings may quit unexpectedly when you attempt to open Siri & Search if you have uninstalled FaceTime, Mail, Google Maps, or Voice Memos. (42789893) – Workaround: Install the missing apps.
- Unnecessary keyboard shortcuts may work while using CarPlay. (42444240)
- In Swift, the shortcut property of INVOiceShortcut must be accessed as _shortcut. (40418400)
The following is a list of all the issues in Beta 8. New issues are in bold:
- During a production logged in account and testing with a sandbox account, when trying to retrieve a new valid confirmation, a logon request for the production account is displayed without There is an option to switch to the sandbox account. (42862150) – Workaround: For testing purposes, StoreKit calls such as making a purchase and restoring transactions retrieve a new receipt. Alternatively, log out of the production account
- Various CoreGraphics calls were hardened against invalidating invalid parameters. In iOS 12 Beta, these calls can now return NULL or return early. (38344690)
- Inviting iOS 11 users who have multiple email addresses associated with their Apple ID may not be successful. (41033550) – Workaround: Send the invitation to another email address or phone number associated with the Apple ID of the iOS 11 user.
- Certain languages may have a truncated or misaligned layout. (40420329)
- Certain languages may display unlocated text. (40420422)
- When a queueTransaction is run on the applicationQueuePlayer to change the location of a song, the queue is returned unchanged. (196319009)
Phone and FaceTime:
- Group FaceTime has been removed from the first version of iOS 12 and will ship in a later software update later this fall.
- In iOS 12 beta, "Camera Effects in Messages" is only available on iPhone SE and iPhone 6s or later and is not available on the iPad. Camera Effects in FaceTime is only available on iPhone 7 or later and not available on the iPad.
- Wi-Fi calls may quit unexpectedly as you move from Wi-Fi to mobile on the T-Mobile network. (39251828)
- After upgrading to iOS 12 Beta 7, parents should change the screen timecode to prevent children from logging out of iCloud or changing the system time. (42879250)
- "Picked Up Phone" statistics may be bloated due to data sync from other devices logged into the same iCloud account. (39917173)
- While several rideshare apps are installed, Siri can open the app instead of specifying an ETA or location upon request. (42324032) – Workaround: Ask Siri again for the ETA or location.
- Siri Shortcuts may not work when a device is locked. (41307405)
- Siri suggestions for keyboard shortcuts are on the iPhone 6s or higher, iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or higher), iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 4 (40669231)
- Mit dem SystemLayoutSizeFitting allows you to increase counts (_ 🙂 when using a UICollectionViewCell subclass that requires updateConstraints (). (42138227)
Workaround: Do not call the cell's setNeedsUpdateConstraints () method unless you need to support live constraint changes. If you need to support live constraint changes, call updateConstraintsIfNeeded () before calling systemLayoutSizeFitting (_ 🙂
Wallet & Apple Pay:
- Users may encounter a situation in which Apple Pay is no longer available. (31989675) – Workaround: Try to open Wallet and reuse the card. If the problem persists, restart the device and try again.
- When using messages in the iOS Simulator, no message may be sent from User A to User B. (40916530) – Workaround: Send a message from user B to user A.
Apart from his performance issues, dev beta 7 caused a sensation on Monday with his news that the group FaceTime will not be official next month Version of iOS 12 would be delivered. Apple will add the feature as part of a future update later this fall and add the FaceTime group to the list of recent iOS features that were delayed long after their expected release dates.
Do not Miss: Group FaceTime Is Not Coming With iOS 12 After All