Jacob Blake, the black man who was shot dead by a white police officer last month in Kenosha, Wisc., Showed up on Friday for the first time since his injury – to plead guilty against him in July.
Blake, 29, wearing a blue buttoned shirt and yellow tie, videoed his request from his hospital bed at Froedtert Hospital in Wisconsin.
It was his first public appearance since he was shot seven times in the back by a Kenosha police officer and paralyzed from the waist down on August 23. His shots sparked widespread protests against police brutality.
The live streaming of the court appearance covered charges of criminal offense, third-degree sexual assault, and disorderly behavior, based on testimony from Blake̵
The woman had told police that Blake broke into her home on May 3rd and sexually assaulted her before he stole her truck.
During the hearing, Blake was given $ 10,000 bail – and the jury’s selection for a trial on the three counts was scheduled for November 9th
“The state recognizes that these are serious charges, but also that the defendant has serious injuries and is recovering in the hospital,” said prosecutor Zeke Wiedenfeld during the hearing.
With postal wires