It's shockingly easy to lose the phone at home. They circle the house and still can not find the thing. Sure, you could ask someone to call your phone, but when you're alone, get stuck. However, if you have an Amazon echo ($ 1
There are actually three ways to echo your misplaced finding device in your home. Alexa can help you track down your misplaced phone with just one command. Make sure you set it up before you lose it again .
Oh, and if you think you've lost your phone outside your home, we've prepared it for you too. How To Find Your Lost Android Phone And Lost iPhone.
Activate the Alexa "Find My Phone" Skill
Finally, there's an Alexa skill that lets you find your lost phone – you can even add more than one phone number.
1. Go to Skills & Games in the Alexa app.
2. Search for Search my phone .
3. Tap Enable to use .
4. Link your Amazon account and tap Allow the skill to grant access to your account.
5. Say, "Alexa, find my phone." When you use the skill for the first time, Alexa asks for your phone number.
6. You will receive a four-digit SMS code, which you must read with the words "Alexa, [four digit code]". Then your phone rings.
7. You can add another number by saying, "Alexa, ask Find My Phone to add another number."
Let Alexa search, call and play music on your phone.
For Alexa to do this, you need an IFTTT account. How to set it up.
1. Log in or register, click on the search bar above and type Alexa .
2. There is a list of Alexa options and you want to click on all applicable options. Some examples are: Request Alexa to find your phone Hey Alexa, call my device and Alexa, play music on my phone .
3. For each selected option, click Enable .
4. Next, you'll be asked to sign in to your Amazon Alexa account and enter your phone number. Follow the instructions on the screen.
5. After completing the instructions on the screen, you must add another applet to trigger the phone search.
Now you can say "Alexa, trigger an addiction phone" if your phone gets lost in the house. However, if your phone vibrates, you need to pay close attention to the vibrations as the sound is not activated.
Play a song on your Android phone
Alexa can play a song on your Android phone, but you need to make sure the volume is louder. You can use IFTTT to do this and all you have to do is follow the instructions above.
Find Android device and scroll through the applets until you find . Write a text message to your lost Android phone to increase the ringer volume by 100% . Click Turn on and then click Save .
If your phone is connected to Bluetooth speakers or headphones, the sound will unfortunately be played through it instead of your own speakers.
Other important Amazon echo tips that you use daily and control your smart home devices With your Amazon Echo.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.