It's thanks to Amazon that you can pair your Amazon Echo ($ 1
Of course, it's a bit of a hassle to specify the name of your favorite service every time you ask for music. Good news! It is possible to set Spotify and other streaming services as the default source of music for the echo so that you no longer need to see "on Spotify" after each request.
. 1 Open the Alexa app on your phone and tap on the Hamburger menu (the three parallel lines) in the upper left corner.
A common mistake is to tap on Skills & Games and Music & Audio where you can see many options for radio, podcast and background music. But here you will not find the great music streaming services you are looking for.
2. On the menu, tap Settings .
3. Type in Alexa Settings on Music . This is the menu you need to go back to if you want to manage your music settings.
4. On the Music menu, tap Link New Service . Here you can choose from a range of services: Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Tidal, Vevo, Pandora, Deezer, SiriusXM and Gimme. Google Music is not an option.
5. When you select a service, you are redirected to a new page. Tap Enable to use and then enter your account credentials to link to most services. Not every brand needs to link to your account.
6. Once you have linked a new account, the service you select will be displayed in the Music menu. Now scroll to the bottom of the music menu and tap Select standard music services .
7. Select the services you want to use for your default library (these are general artist and song requirements) and the default station (your station requirements).
Now you can listen to music through the service by simply asking for a song or station of your choice – no longer "on Spotify," "http://www.cnet.com/" at Tidal, and so on.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.