Microsoft's new edge browser has been available for Windows and MacOS for a year
In particular, Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium, an open source project that has a lot in common with Google Chrome. Therefore, Microsoft Edge can use the extensive collection of browser extensions that are available in Google’s Chrome Web Store. In this first public version of Edge, you need to give the new browser access to Chrome extensions before you can install them.
Don't confuse this new Microsoft Edge browser, which depends on the Chromium project, with the previous version. The original Edge version is based on Microsoft's own browser engine.
Read how to install the new Edge browser, find Microsoft's collection of browser add-ons in its own store, and install even more extensions from the Chrome Web Store.
Install and set up Microsoft Edge
If you want to switch to the new Edge browser, you must download it first. In the coming monthsto customers, starting in the next few weeks with those who are part of the Windows Insiders program. If you have the original version of Edge or the Edge beta on your computer, the older version will not be overwritten by the new version. How to install Edge.
. 1 Go to the Microsoft Edge website and select either Windows or MacOS from the download menu.
The browser is of course. Since Edge is based on chrome, you can also install Edge on Windows 8.1, 8 and 7, although . You can also download Edge for MacOS, iOS, and Android.
2. Tap Download Tap Accept and Download on the next screen, and then tap Close .
3. If it doesn't start automatically, open the installation file in the Downloads folder, and then tap the installation screens to install Edge.
4. Edge will start automatically after installation. If you've already installed the Chrome browser, Edge will ask if you want to import your bookmarks, fill in data and history automatically from the Google browser, or start over. If you want to start over, you can import your browser data later.
You can also tap the Customize button at the bottom of the import window to import your data from Firefox.
Tap Allow Edge to import your data.
. 5 Next, select the browser's appearance – Inspirational, Informational, or Focused – and tap Next .
6. If multiple devices are running the new Edge, the next screen asks if you want to sync your data between devices. Tap the switch for Yes or No and then tap Next.
7. Finally, switch Yes or No depending on whether you want Microsoft to personalize your browsing experience, and then tap Confirm.
Install Edge Extensions from the Microsoft Store
After installing Edge, you can add extensions such as grammar or honey. How to find extensions in the Microsoft Store.
1. In Edge, tap the three-dot menu in the right corner, and then tap Extensions.
. 2 Tap the link to the Microsoft Store. You can either search for a favorite extension or search by category, e.g. B. entertainment or shopping.
3. Tap the desired extension tap Get and then confirm that you want to add the extension to Edge. Once added, you can manage it on the Extensions page.
Install Edge Extensions from the Google Chrome Web Store
While the Microsoft Store has a nice selection of browser add-ons, you need to give Edge access to the Chrome Web to see all possible extensions Business. Here's how.
1. Tap the three-point menu in the right corner again, and then tap Extensions.
2. In the lower left corner, check Enable extensions from other stores and then tap Allow.
3. Navigate to the Chrome Web Store and search for an extension.
4. When you find the one you want, tap Add to Chrome and then tap Add Extension . The store adds the extension to Edge.
After adding, manage the add-on on the "Extensions" page of Edge.
For more information, seeand .