The service is known as informed delivery. You keep an eye on the progress of the letter through notifications on your phone or computer.
There are a few things to consider. Informed delivery shows you all of your documents scanned by the post, including your government money. It also cannot tell youor . And it does not replace the that we like for its ability to give you an estimate of the baseball stadium when your check may be on its way. You can cancel at any time.
Read on to learn how to use the USPS tool to view your stimulus test in the mail, and update the latest information on
Is your stimulus check there? You might already know it before you take a look.
Sarah Tew / CNET
How to display your personal mailbag
Activating your account can take three working days after setup. As soon as it's live, you will receive an email from Monday to Saturday every morning when the post is due to arrive. You will be informed about the delivered mail and a grayscale image on the front of the letter. You can also use the free Android and iPhone informed delivery app to get notified.
Will I definitely receive my stimulus check via email?
At this point, you will receive your money via email rather than email in your bank account. This is because the IRS deadlineexpired on May 13th.
The federal tax authority stated that the focus is now on sending payments by post by post – either as a paper check or as a prepaid debit card, which is referred to as an EIP card (Economic Impact Payment). Read on to track your payment envelope by mail.
Informed delivery: quickly check whether you are authorized.
When the USPS executes emails through its automated mail sorting devices, it creates a digital image of the front of all letter-sized emails, including your stimulus check. The Informed Delivery program uses this digitally collected information to notify you when every item of mail is on its way.
The service is available to many private and private P.O. Box addresses, but no companies. It also doesn't work for some multi-unit buildings where the postal service hasn't yet identified each unit.
To check if it's available in your area:
1. Go to the Postal Service's Informed Delivery page and tap the Sign Up for Free button .
2. Enter your mailing address and tap Next .
If the service is available, you can still set up an account.
Setting up the informed delivery service
Setting up your account is straightforward.
1. On the Informed Postal Service Delivery page, tap Sign Up For Free .
2. After entering your mailing address and confirming that it works with the service, you must accept the terms and conditions and tap Next .
3. On the next page, choose your username, password and security questions. Then enter your contact information and tap Next .
4. On the next page you need to verify your identity. Tap Verify identity online if you want to receive a verification code on your phone, or tap Request invitation code by mail if you want the postal service to send you a code. If neither method works for you, you can also go to a post office to personally verify your identity.
For more information on ordering and receiving parcels during theclick here to find how and .