Explore Apple Maps gives you a high-resolution 3D view of streets, buildings, and other images in an interactive 360-degree layout. Apple Maps has been around since iOS 5 when Google Street View was integrated. Now, in iOS 13, seven years later, we have street level views again, only better. Look Around is not yet widely available.
To turn Look Around into Apple Maps on your iPhone, look for the binoculars icon. If you tap it, you'll get a ground-level view of the area, where you can make streets smaller, view the area, view addresses and street names, get information about buildings and other structures, and navigate the streets as if you were driving or you go down.
But these binos are not everywhere. Few cities are currently supported by Look Around, but Apple is working intensively on high-resolution cameras and lidar systems, which are mounted on both vehicles and people across the country to enable street views in more locations.
Cities and towns will be available soon. Below is a list of things Look Around in iOS 1
- Los Angeles County (Alhambra, Arcadia, Arleta, Artesia, Azusa, Baldwin Park, Bell, Bell Gardens, Bellflower, Beverly Hills, Bradbury, Brentwood, Burbank, Calabasas, Canoga Park, Carson, Cerritos , Chatsworth, Claremont, Commerce, Compton, Covina, Cudahy, Culver City, Diamond Bar, Downey, Duarte, El Monte, El Segundo, Encino, Gardena, Glendale, Glendora, Granada Hills, Hawaiian Gardens, Hawthorne, Hermosa Beach, Hidden Hills , Huntington Park, Industry, Inglewood, Irwindale, La Cañada Flintridge, La Habra Heights, La Mirada, La Puente, La Verne, Lakewood, Balboa Lake, Lake View Terrace, Lawndale, Lomita, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Lynwood, Malibu, Manhattan Beach, Maywood, Mission Hills, Monrovia, Montebello, Monterey Park, Northridge, North Hollywood, Norwalk, Pacoima, Palos Verdes Estates, Panorama City, Pasadena, Pico Rivera, Pomona, Porter Ranch, Rancho Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Reseda, San Dimas, San Fernando, San Gabriel, S at Marino, Sources of Santa Fe, Santa Monica, Sherman Oaks, Sierra Madre, Signal Hill, South El Monte, South Gate, South Pasadena, Studio City, Sunny Land, Sunny Valley, Sylmar, Tarzana, Temple City, Toluca Lake, Torrance , Tunjunga, Universal City, Van Nuys, Vernon, Walnut, West Covina, West Hollywood, Whittier, Winnetka, Woodland Hills) [Not supported yet: Augora Hills, Lancaster, Palmdale, Paramount. Santa Clarita, Westlake Village, West Hills]
- Alameda County (Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Dublin, Emeryville, Fremont, Hayward, Livermore , Newark, Oakland, Piedmont, Pleasanton, San Leandro (Union City)
- San Francisco sco
- San Mateo County (Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Burlingame, Colma, Daly City, East Palo Alto, Caring City, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Pacifica, Portola Valley, Redwood City, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Mateo, South San Francisco, Woodside)
- Santa Clara County (Campbell , Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hill, Los Gatos, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Jose, Santa Clara, Saratoga, Sunnyvale) [Not supported yet: Gilroy, Morgan Hill]
- Clark County (Henderson, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas) [Not supported yet: Boulder City, Mesquite]
- New York City (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, Queens)
Your iPhone has just been updated. Take a look at all the new features in iOS 13.1.
Follow Gadget Hacks on Pinterest, Reddit, Twitter YouTube and Flipboard to get the latest updates for iOS 13 and iPhone 11.