Samsung launched its flagship game 2019 with Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus, two of the best Android Smartphones, improved available today. They are the culmination of Samsung's improvements in design in recent years and impress with their look.
Galaxy Note 10 devices are as good as them, but not without problems. Below is a summary of some Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10 Plus issues and possible solutions.
Editor's Note: These problems do not occur with every Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. It is very likely that you will never come across them.
Problem 1: Unregistered fingerprint unlocks the phone
Discovered in October Device owners have a serious security hole in the built-in fingerprint scanner. The bug allowed people with an unregistered fingerprint to unlock the phone and occurred on Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 10 phones.
Reportedly, placing certain transparent objects on the fingerprint scanner can access Samsung's latest smartphones. The objects include everything from a transparent screen protector and a transparent phone cover to transparent plastic. Samsung believed that a screen cover was to blame, particularly a silicone cover.
- Samsung released a patch in October to fix the bug. We don't know if the patch completely fixed the bug, as only the screen covers are mentioned in the patch notes.
- If the problem persists, remove the screen protector and reregister your fingerprints.
Problem # 2: Accidental screen touches
With a giant 6.8-inch Display offers the Galaxy Note 10 Plus is not the easiest to hold phone. Even the Galaxy Note 10 with a smaller 6.3-inch display can be a chore for some people. These large screens can cause accidental touches and interactions on the screen, e.g. For example, to open the Edge Apps control panel and wake up the screen.
Complicating factors are the curved sides. They look good in pictures, but can cause accidental screen touches to occur more often.
- Activate Protection against accidental touches in the section under "Settings".
- Disable the Edge screen.
- Deactivate the "Lift to Wake" function. In the Advanced Features section, under Settings, tap Movements and Gestures . From there, tap Lift to wake up to turn it off.
Problem No. 3: S pen does not work
The highlight function of the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus has that Primarily given cell phones their name: the S Pen. Thanks to functions such as pressure sensitivity, low latency and much more, the small accessory turned the skeptics of smartphones into believers. On the two new Galaxy Note phones, you can even take pictures and control the media playback with air gestures.
Also read: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 S pen: Everything you need to know
However, some people have had problems with the S Pen. The problems range from the phone that does not recognize the S Pen , up to inconsistent dashes.
- Remove the phone case. In some cases, it may contain metals and magnets that can interfere with the connection between the phone and S Pen.
- Remove the screen protector. Even if the connection between the phone and S Pen is OK, a screen protector can cause inconsistent movements and pressure when using the S Pen.
- Change the tip of the S Pen. If the S Pen lines are inconsistent, it may be time to replace the tip. Fortunately, the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus include several replacement tips for the S Pen.
- Use the S Pen with another compatible Galaxy Note smartphone. This way you can determine if there is a problem with the S-pen or something else. If you do not have a second Note device available, contact the nearest network operator or an electrical store.
Problem # 4: Poor signal strength
If you look around a bit, you will find that the signal strength is low is. They compare the number of bars on their Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus with the number of bars on another phone, just to see fewer bars for the former.
It is important to note that the number of bars is not fully representative of the signal strength of a phone. Still, there are plenty of reports that seem to be a real problem for some Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 devices.
- If you use WLAN more often, make sure that you have WLAN. Telephoning via WLAN is activated in the settings. It routes calls over your Wi-Fi network instead of your cellular network.
- Contact your wireless service provider for support.
Problem # 5: Apps don't take up the entire screen.
Thanks to the move to larger smartphones, app developers have been able to adapt their apps updated the bigger displays. However, there are still some apps that don't use the additional properties. Known apps like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and others don't have this problem, but smaller apps may not use the entire ad.
- In Settings, tap Display . For an app that doesn't run in full-screen mode, tap the app, and then tap Full Screen .
- Any app that doesn't use the entire screen will see a small pop-up at the bottom of the screen. Tap it to put the app in full screen mode.
Problem No. 6: Bad battery life
 The Galaxy Note 10 and the Note 10 Plus have large batteries , but the two phones have a disappointing battery life.
The problem is that this can be due to various factors. An app may have become illegal and discharged your phone's battery. Your phone may have poor signal strength. Maybe it's a combination of both and other factors. Regardless of the cause, poor battery life can affect the smartphone experience.
Also read: The best Android smartphones with the best battery life
- Restart your phone. This is a meme right now, but you'll be surprised how simply restarting it can extend battery life or fix other issues.
- Check if an app’s battery usage is abnormal. Go to Settings Device Care and tap Battery Usage .
- Each Samsung smartphone includes the company's battery optimization tool. To use it, go to the Battery section under Settings. Tap there on the apps you want to optimize and tap on save energy .
- Make sure your phone has good signal strength. Poor signal strength means that your phone works harder and discharges the battery faster.
- If you bought the phone through a wireless service provider, there is likely to be a problem with bloatware. These are apps from network operators that are preinstalled on your phone. You can deactivate these apps in the settings.
- Activate Safe Mode. This way, you can determine if your phone's battery life is due to an app that you downloaded from the Play Store or another location. Below you will learn how to switch to safe mode on the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus.
Problem # 7: The notification to optimize images
The Galaxy Note 10 and that Note 10 Plus include some of the best cameras available on smartphones. However, the November update apparently brought with it the "Refining Image" error. According to affected device owners, the notification is not hidden and only closes after the phone is restarted.
- Disable background processing management for Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. To do this, tap on Device Care under Settings and then on Battery . From there, search for the camera app and deactivate the option Put to sleep .
How to perform a soft reset, a hard reset, a start in safe mode and a deletion of the cache partition
Resetting the Galaxy Note 10 / Note 10 Plus
- If the screen reacts:
- Press and hold the power and volume buttons, then tap Turn Off .
- You can also swipe down to open the notification panel. Tap the Turn Off icon next to the gear and tap Turn Off .
- If the screen does not respond:
- Press and hold the power button and volume button for about 10 seconds.
Hard reset the Galaxy Note 10 / Note 10 Plus
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the volume keys and the power key.
- Release both buttons when the green Android log is displayed o appears.
- Press the volume down key to toggle the selection to Clear data / Factory setting .
- Press the on / off button to select Clear data / Factory setting .  Press the volume down button to toggle the selection to Yes. – Delete all user data. attitude.
- Press the power key to Yes – Delete all user data. .  After resetting, press the power key to Restart the system now
Start in safe mode
- Turn off the phone.
- Hold down the power button after [19459008gedrückt] Galaxy Note 10 or Galaxy Note 10 Plus is displayed on the screen.
- As soon as Samsung is displayed, release the on / off switch and hold down the volume control immediately.
- Press and hold the volume key until the phone restarts.
- Release the volume down button when Safe Mode is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
Clear cache partition
- Switch off the phone.
- Press and hold the volume down key and the power key.  When the Android logo appears, release the volume buttons and the power button.
- The System Recovery Menu Options displays the message Install System Update for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Press the volume down key to toggle the selection to Clear Cache Partition .
- Press the power key to select Clear Cache Partition .
- Press the volume down key to call up to toggle the selection to Yes .
- Press the on / off button to select Yes .
- Press the on / off switch to restart the device as soon as the system has now been restarted. option appears.
Other contributions to Samsung Galaxy Note 10