Yesterday, Microsoft announced the release of the May 10, 2019, Windows Update for everyone. Wyze announced an affordable smart lightbulb, and Huawei can no longer use new ARM processors.
Retrieving the Windows 1
0 Update for May 2019
If you missed our previous coverage, the May 2019 update introduced several notable features. The most exciting feature for Pro users is undoubtedly the sandbox. But everyone should appreciate the new Light theme, the speed improvements, the clearer Start menu, and the ability to uninstall more built-in apps.
RELATED: Anything new in the Windows 10 update from May 2019, now available
Fetching the update is straightforward. Just open the window "windows updates" under "settings", click on "check for updates" and keep your fingers crossed if you want. If you're one of the lucky ones, see "Feature Update on Windows 10, Version 1930" for a link to "Download and install now" that you want to click.
Microsoft throttles the version so that the fix may not be displayed immediately. Given that these major updates have been as problematic in the past as deleting files, rolling out the update slowly is a good idea for Microsoft.
Waiting is not a bad idea, but if you want to open Windows Update, the latest and greatest version of today. You may already see the Windows 10 May 2019 update (seriously Microsoft, try dog names) as an installation option. If it does not, click Check for Updates. If that does not work, you can reboot and try again. However, you may have to wait for Microsoft to open the floodgates. [ZDNet]
And now to the rest of the news:
- Wyze Announces a Cheap Smart Bulb: Wyze, manufacturer of affordable Wi-Fi cameras and smart home sensors , has another device for the home. This time it's a smart bulb, and it's super cheap. For $ 8 (or $ 30 for four) you get a light bulb that can be dimmed and set. That's a bargain. [Digital Trends]
- Bose brings the Google Assistant to some of his speakers: Google and Bose say that the Bose Home Speaker 500, the Bose Soundbar 500 and 700 and the Bose Home Speaker 300 all love Voice Assistant and the best of everything The update is automatic. Nice and easy. [Droid Life]
- Google Assistant rolls out news: Google has previously promised to bring Google Assistant to the News app. Finally the time has come and users will notice new options in their text messages. The wizard advises you on movies, music and restaurants based on your conversation. Like smart replies, but maybe even smarter. [9to5Google]
- Huawei has a backup operating system in mind. it is Android without Google: Google withdrew the Android license from Huawei and let the mobile phone manufacturer without a paddle a creek. Now the company claims to have a backup operating system that can run Android apps. Basically, Android without Google Apps, much like FireOS. If you think this means that most of the best features of Android will be missing, then you're right. [XDA Developers]
- ARM should stop working with Huawei: On the other hand, a backup operating system without processors may fail to power the Huawei devices. According to a leaked message, ARM has instructed its employees to stop working with Huawei. The designs of ARM form the basis for mobile processors in almost all mobile phones and tablets. That leaves Huawei with few if any good options for mobile processors back. [BBC]
- Apple updated its MacBook Pro models with new processors and a redesigned keyboard: Apple announced special restrictions for its 13-inch and 15-inch MacBook Pro models with little warning. The new models include 8th and 9th generation processors, as well as a keyboard designed to avoid some of the problems that Apple fans had. [MacRumors]
- Apple will expand its keyboard repair program: Considering the keyboard issues of the MacBook, the company extends its keyboard repair program to nearly all modern models. And this design change in the new models? These keyboards are also allowed, so Apple does not need to know if the problem is resolved. [The Verge]
- Amazon has developed video games to increase employee productivity:
Amazon wants a one-day delivery for all Prime members. This means that camp staff are being asked to move faster and faster. The company hopes to accelerate the process through lengthy order picking. Do you remember when mom told you to make a game of cleaning the room? So, but with graphics in Tetris style. And a little higher salary. [The Washington Post]
Pop quiz: What do you get when a white dwarf fuses with another star? If you've responded to "a wonderful supernova," you're an astronomer fan who needs to read the latest news.
Scientists believe to have observed the results of two merging white dwarf stars. Instead of exploding as expected, a new star was formed. More frightening is that the star generates winds at a speed of 10,000 miles per second. If our sun comes out so fast, it will reach the earth in just over a day.
If that's not crazy enough, this star is incredibly bright and hot. Imagine our sun. Now slightly increase the brightness by 40,000 times. And the temperature is mild 360,000 degrees Fahrenheit. The visible part of our sun is in comparison to 10,000 degrees.
Discoveries like these are always fun and exciting. For everything we know and understand, there is something new to learn. And to have a greater understanding. [Gizmodo]