It's all too often that you rush out the door with coffee in one hand and a laptop in your other hand, and realize that you have not planned a ride. Instead of trying to pull the phone out of your pocket, you can plan it for you with Amazon Echo ($ 1
Before you begin, make sure that your home and work addresses are updated in the Uber or Lyft app. You will also need a credit card, deposited with Uber or Lyft, to use one of the carpools.
How to Book a Uber or Lyft at Amazon Echo.
1. In the Amazon Alexa app, enable the Uber skill in Skills & Games .
2. Log in with your Uber account or register.
3. Enter the 4-digit verification code that Uber sends you via SMS. Touch Review .
4. Tap Allow Uber to get access to your location.
5. After your Uber account is linked to your echo, say "Alexa, please Uber to request a ride."
Other idioms that you can say:
- "Alexa, please Uber to call me" Uber Black "from work.
- "Alexa, please Uber to change my default pickup location."
- "Alexa, please Uber, where I'm going."
- "Alexa, please Uber to request an over X."
- "Alexa, Ask Uber to stop my ride."
1. In the Amazon Alexa app, enable the Lyft ability, which is in Skills & Games .
2. Log in with your Lyft account or create a new account.
3. Enter the verification code sent by Lyft.
4. If you previously had a Lyft account, confirm that you are it by tapping . Yes, it's me .
5. Enter your e-mail address and tap Next .
6. Tap Accept to grant Lyft access to your location and account information.
7. Request a Lyft by saying, "Alexa, ask Lyft for a ride." Tell Lyft to rate my driver with five stars. "
Originally published on May 20.