You need to know the following to be able to follow the debate if you have no cable.
When and where does the second democratic debate take place?
The debate takes place over two nights – Tuesday, July 30th and Wednesday, July 31st – in Detroit.
Which channel and what time?
CNN broadcasts the debate from 5pm. PT (8:00 pm ET) every night.
Which candidates are in each debate?
By chance, CNN selected the field of 10 candidates for each debate. The drawing was designed so that every night a mixture of better known and lesser known candidates emerges.
The first group for Tuesday, July 30, includes three of the top five polls in the initial polls: Pete Buttigieg, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren. Here is the complete list:
- Gov. Steve Bullock from Montana
- Mayor Pete Buttigieg from South Bend, Indiana
- Former Member of Parliament John Delaney from Maryland
- Gov. John Hickenlooper of Colorado
- Sen. Minnesota Amy Klobuchar
- Former MP Beto O'Rourke from Texas
- MP Tim Ryan from Ohio
- Sen. Bernie Sanders from Vermont
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts
- The author Marianne Williamson
The second group for Wednesday, July 31, includes the other two frontrunners in early polls, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, in the first debate with Biden because of his Race records. Here is the full list.
- Sen. Michael Bennet of Colorado
- Former Vice President Joe Biden
- Mayor Bill de Blasio of New York City
- Sen. Cory Booker from New Jersey
- Former Housing Secretary Julián Castro
- Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand from New York
- Sen. Kamala Harris from California
- Gov. Jay Inslee from Washington
- entrepreneur Andrew Yang
Who moderates the debate?
Dana Bash, Don Lemon and Jake Tapper will moderate the debate.
How can I follow the democratic primary debate live?
You can hear the debate on CNN.com, the CNN app for iOS and Android devices, and the CNNgo app for Apple TV ($ 169 at Walmart) Roku, Amazon Fire ($ 52 on eBay) Chromecast ($ 55 on eBay) and Android TV. Usually, you'll need to sign up to prove that you have a pay-TV subscription to streaming CNN. However, you do not need to authenticate yourself to pursue the debate. Free democracy on TV for everyone!
You can also watch the debate with a.
What You Need to Know about Live TV Streaming Services:
- You need a .
- You can watch any of them on TV as long as your Smart TV service is available app. You can also watch TV on your TV with a media streamer like Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV or Chromecast.
- You can also watch Android phones, tablets, and PC browsers.  You can log in and cancel at any time without a contract being required.
- All offer free trial periods so you can sign up to track sales and then cancel.
Notice CNET may receive some of the revenue from the sale of the products featured on this page.
Sling TV's $ 25 per month Blue package includes CNN. Sling Blue is currently being reduced to $ 15 a month for the first month.
Hulu with live TV costs $ 45 a month and includes CNN.
YouTube TV costs $ 50 a month and includes CNN.
PlayStation Vue's basic access plan for $ 50 per month includes CNN.
DirecTV Now's basic $ 50 per month plus package includes CNN.
FuboTV costs $ 55 a month and includes CNN.
This story was originally published earlier.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.