Good morning! There were a few things this morning when Apple silently announced new AirPods, Google's solution to the problems with the Android market in the EU, some interesting aspects of Google Stadia, and more. Here is your morning meeting for March 20, 201
Apple announced device updates every day this week, and today it's no different – new AirPods are here!
- The second Generation AirPod has wireless charging, better battery life, and support for Hey Siri. Everyone wanted that, right? [Review Geek]
Google and Android News
The big news here is actually from yesterday: Google Stadia. Here's a summary of relevant information and interesting settings for this new platform for streaming games. Oh, there are a few things that are not stadiums.
- Google has announced Stadia, and is wild. [Review Geek]
- Also, a nice four-minute recap of the announcement has been published if you want to look at the main content without the entire one-hour presentation. [9to5Google]
- Stadia has a partner program that includes free hardware and resources to help game developers get started in Stadia. Good Good. [9to5Google]
- The Verge has some interesting thoughts on what Stadia means for the future of the game. This could very easily be the first model that will come. [The Verge]
- Similarly, our own Michael Crider talked about Stadia and what it takes to be successful. It's a great read. You can find it in your feed. I hope I do not have to be Okay, I'm done (and I'm sorry). [Review Geek]
- While most of the details were scarce (catalog, internet speed, price), Google Kotaku said that Project Stream – Stadia's testing phase – needed a "minimum 25Mbps connection" to run 1080p games. Curious. [Kotaku]
- In other news, Google will implement a browser and search tuning on Android devices in the EU. [Ars Technica]
- Like the Google Doodle? Good, because it could come to your Android home screen. Sweet. [Android Police]
- Opera for Android now has a free, integrated VPN. Surely surf, my friends. [9to5Google]
NVIDIA will make you a great artist, Pandora offers more ways to search for music and more.
- NVIDIA demonstrated a technology that uses MS Paint drawings and turns them into real Bob Ross material. Buddy. [Engadget]
- Pandora now offers you five options for finding new titles. Dig it. [Engadget]
- Netflix's new "Battle Kitty" series is an interactive children's show. Because they do not watch enough TV. By the way, the first trailer for Stranger Things Season 3 is here. Because we do not watch enough TV. [YouTube]
- Amazon announced a new Kindle with adjustable front light. And higher price. [Amazon]
- In less encouraging news, a group of people were cheated of a fake eBay ad on Google Search last week. Oof. [Bleeping Computer]