I understand it. You are satisfied with the current version of Windows. It works out. They know where things are. You have no immediate need or desire for new features. And you find that installing updates somewhere is uncomfortable and cumbersome.
Microsoft will release soon– next month, if its name is a hint – and I recommend you to install it. Not necessarily for the new features, though some look promising, such as machine learning since we're on the subject right now. No, you should update because it makes you and your PC more secure.
Stay up-to-date and secure
There are two types of Microsoft updates: Feature Updates and Quality Updates:
- Feature Updates add new features and functionality and are included in the Generally published twice a year – once in the spring and once in the fall. Windows Update October 10, 2018 is a feature update.
- Quality updates provide security and reliability fixes and are released monthly – typically on so-called Patch Tuesday, the second Tuesday of each month.
With each update, Microsoft patches known vulnerabilities. If you do not stay up to date, then you're open to nefarious individuals who exploit bugs in Windows to access your PC and your data. I do not want to sound alarmist, but hackers target Windows more frequently than other platforms because they get more money for their money. The number of systems running Windows illustrates the differences between MacOS, Linux, and Chrome OS.
Staying up-to-date with Windows updates is one of the most effective ways to protect yourself. And if you find installing Windows updates difficult, it's certainly less painful than being infected or hacked with malware.
How to Check for Updates
Windows 10 automatically downloads and installs updates to back up and update your PC, but you can also do it manually. Open Settings Click Update & Security . You should stare at Windows Update (if not, click Windows Update in the left pane). If an update is not already waiting for installation, click the Check For Updates button to verify it yourself.
There may be a good case for delaying an update for a few days or weeks. Microsoft can iron out any wrinkles. Learn.
Come for the security, stay for the new features
Windows 10 October 2018 Update will introduce a number of new features. These include:
- The for Cross-Windows 10 / Android Communications
- Updates for including support for more AR-like experiences and ability to use a headset without a monitor.
- Updates for Edge to Manage Autoplay Audio and Website Registrations
- The introduction of laying the foundation for Dual -screen tablets.
- Separating the scaling settings from the rest of the user interface scaling, a useful tool for high-resolution displays that can make text incredibly crisp and incredibly tiny.
- A new and improved screenshot tool
- Improvements including improved audio recording and system performance monitoring
- A notification informing you whether an application try to solve it  What you see and can not wait for the official release? You can now install [Windows 959013] Windows 10 October 2018 Update .