People or businesses looking for a VoIP solution ([19459003VoIP) should make Skype one of the options they consider. Skype has offered a wide range of features in recent years and is becoming increasingly popular with people who need to make international calls but want a more cost-effective solution. Skype has a very broad customer base and people use the service in many different ways. This article introduces 15 useful information about Skype that you may not have known.
Some customers choose Skype for VoIP Services including voice and video (webcam) only. Others use Skype primarily for text-based chat purposes with a variety of features. Other customers are doing " Skyping ", which exploits the full range of services offered by Skype.
Part of what is practical about this program is its versatility. There is no optimal way to use Skype. It all depends on your needs. Here are 1
- Get Skype: First, you can download here the current version of Skype . The program runs on Windows, Mac, Linux or mobile phone (Skype Mobile runs on Verizon, Android, iPhone, iPad, Symbian and other systems). Even some televisions are compatible with Skype
- Skype Phones: One thing that prevents some people from trying Skype instead of a private phone is the fact that it's an "Internet phone" Chained to your desk and talking over a microphone or headset. You can purchase a Skype cordless phone or an adapter for your home phone on the Skype website
- Phone Compatibility: The Skype cordless cordless phone is not compatible with random hotspots because there is no way to sign in. A Skype cordless phone is not the same as a Skype phone.
- audio settings. When downloading Skype for voice calls, you should not neglect the Audio Settings tab. Skype can get a small buggy with it; sometimes the program will change the audio output or microphone input settings without notifying you. This is the first place where you can check if you can not hear or if someone else can not hear you. It is an important step in Skyping .
- Skype-to-Skype calls are free: This means you can talk to any Skype user without paying a subscription or phone call. There are many competing services that also offer free voice and video calls, so this is a convenient but not unique feature.
- Skype Fares Are Really Cheap: For only $ 3.00 a month, you can buy an unlimited fare. Voicemail comes with the plan and you can call real landline phones in this way.
- Home Phone Replacement: Are you sure you want to replace your home phone? You also need to rent a phone number so people can call you on their phones. This also comes to about $ 3.00 a month, so you can get a fully functional phone plan for about $ 6.00 a month. The disadvantage? Skype is incompatible with most cell phones (and you would still pay for a basic cell phone plan). However, if you have listed one of the compatible mobile devices, you will also be able to get cheap mobile calls this way.
- No Emergency Calls: One way Skype can not replace a standard telephone line is to make emergency calls. Skype does not support emergency calls and does not plan to do so in the future.
- Call Forwarding: One way to use Skype in conjunction with a mobile phone is call forwarding, which allows you to forward all Skype calls to your mobile number. This will prevent you from making outgoing calls from your mobile phone through Skype (or stopping paying your cell plan), but other users' Skype calls will be routed to your mobile phone for free. The service costs you only a few cents per minute in the US
- Viewing contacts: If your list of contacts becomes cluttered, you can look under "Contacts" and then "Hide contacts that are offline."
- Contacts Add Quick : Import Contacts allows you to quickly find all your friends and partners on Skype. This imports contacts from your address books into Facebook, Microsoft Outlook, and other sources.
- Privacy Control: Skype's privacy settings are a great way to take control of who can and can not contact you. You can reduce spam by using "Allow only people in my contact list to contact me". A whitelist is a much cleaner solution than a blacklist. However, this is not the best option if Skype is your main telephone line.
- Contact Groups : Rename your contacts and organize them into groups to keep track of them. Skype has many users, so your list can quickly get crowded and confusing.
- Accidental Calls: Have you been calling people on your Skype list? This is probably because you have not cleared the box in the General Settings, saying, "When I double-click on a contact, start a call."
- Podcasts on Skype : You can even use Skype to record high-quality podcasts with guests from around the world, even if you download a (free) program such as Audacity to cope with the recording. It's not the most common use for Skype, but it's a creative solution.
Skype offers a full range of web-based services such as voice and video calling, free Skype calls, group video calling, voicemail and call forwarding, and feature rich instant messaging. The program has both free users and paid subscribers. Its competitors include Google Talk, Empathy, Linphone, Facetime and Ekiga. Some of these competitors focus more on instant messaging, while others are mainly telephone companies.
These tips are intended to help you determine whether Skype could be useful for you at home or in the office and how you can achieve it skype . Because Skype is such a versatile application, you can end up using it as your main VOIP program, or you can only occasionally use it to supplement your existing communication methods. Do not forget to check out Google Talk, Empathy and other similar programs.