The era of tablet computers
Tablet computers powered by the introduction of the Apple iPad, became one of the hottest technology topics of 2010. In many ways, they are reminiscent of the netbook computer (remember because?) came in 2007/2008 the tablet computer on the market. The tablet computer came out of nowhere in 2010. The accelerated growth of tablet computers is expected to continue in the future.
According to Gartner analysts, "worldwide media Tablet sales to end users are projected to total 19.5 million units in 2010." Beyond the current calendar year, "Media Tablets will see strong growth with worldwide retail sales of 54.8 million units expected in 2011. 181 percent more than in 201
Gartner defines the term "media trays" as "slate devices that support touch and run light weighting OS like iOS, Android, WebOS or Meego." Examples of Media Tablets are the Apple iPad, the Samsung Galaxy Tab and the Cisco Cius. "
Tablet Computer Manufacturers and Suppliers
Companies that are already shipping tablet computers or will release them in the first half of 2011 include Apple , HP, Dell, Samsung, Acer, Viewsonic, Google, Blackberry (RIM), Toshiba, Asus, Cisco, NEC, Archos, Velocity Micro and a host of others. The contest will be fierce in a crowded field.
With various sales forecasts and numerous companies launching their own versions of a media tablet computer, there are some questions about what will bring 2011 into the tablet computer world. For example:
- Can anyone question the tremendous leadership that Apple has built with the iPad?
- Are tablet computer sales driven primarily by early adopters or can tablets make the leap to mainstreet and broader adoption?
- How much will tablet prices go down 2011, while the competition is recovering?
- How broad will companies accept tablet computers?
- How fast will tablet technology, functionality and capabilities be?
- Will Your Tablet Computer Replace Your Laptop? Your smartphone? Your TV?
- What impact does a Google tablet computer with Android operating system have on the market?
- What "right" size does a tablet computer have? 5 inches? 7 inch? 9 inches? 10 inches
There are many questions that will play over time in the tablet computer world. To give some insights into current tablet computers and technologies, I've put together a video compilation from YouTube that shows some of the current tablet computer competitors. Enjoy
HP Slate 500 for Business
CNET Price War: Samsung Galaxy Tab Against Apple iPad 3G  [Handson-SamsungGalaxyTabmakesAndroidintabletform
iPad Review- Consumer Reports
AP Review: Like the IPad gained over a skeptic
Samsung Galaxy Tab – All Great Features
Cisco Cius Enterprise Tablet
 Toshiba Folio 100 review
Much more is pleased than the era of Tablet PCs had just begun. As more of these tablet devices are finally released to the public, I will come back with more information and insights.