Pandora users: You can now control the music streaming app freehand on your iPhone ($ 1,000 at Best Buy) or Android phone. If you have enabled Pandora's new language assistant, simply say "Hey Pandora" to activate the music bot and play your favorite music.
Other music services, such as Spotify, allow you to request songs and playlists with your voice. With Spotify, however, you must press and hold the search key to activate voice control. Pandora's new Hands-Free Assistant can answer without touching your phone and answer a wider range of questions, the company said. With your voice, you can move a song up or down while in the room. You can not get to your phone or tell Pandora to skip a song you do not like. You can also change the radio station you hear with a simple command.
To use the language assistant, the app must be open and you must leave the screen turned on Setting in the app. To start the speakerphone:
Enable the language wizard.
. 1 Open the Pandora app and tap the Search icon.
2. Tap the banner labeled Use your vote .
3. Select OK to grant Pandora access to the use of your microphone. You must enable this setting to play songs with your voice. You can change the settings later at any time.
4. Tap the Back button to return to your music collection.
5. Tap the stacked three lines and open your settings .
6. Select Language Assistant .
7. Slide the toggle switch to . Listen to "Hey Pandora."
8. Because the Voice Assistant only responds to your voice command when the app is open, slide the toggle switch to Keep the screen on .
Commands That Can Tell You to Pandora Voice Assistant
"Hey Pandora, play Weezer Station."
"Hey Pandora, play my thumbprint radio station." 19659005] "Hey Pandora, thumbs up this song."
"Hey Pandora, pause."
"Hey Pandora, skip."
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.