If you'd rather hear John Legend as a Robovoice from Google Assistant, you're in luck. Google has made the singer-songwriter the newest language option for Google Assistant. Legends Voice will hear you from any Google Assistant device in US English, from your Android phone to a Google Home ($ 129 at Walmart) and Google Home Hub ($ 149 at Crutchfield) . You can not lock him up in your cell phone or at home – Legend's voice is only available "for a limited time".
There are two ways to make Legend your Google Assistant.
Ask Google to Turn to John Legend's Voice
- Say, "Hey google, talk like a legend." This method works for devices that Google Assistant is always waiting for.
- If your handset does not have a wizard for the Always On wizard, start Google Assistant (for example, by long pressing the Home button or pressing the Google Assistant button on your Android phone) and say: "Speak like a legend." [1
- Open the Google Assistant app on your device
- . Touch the button with the three vertical dots.
- Tap Settings
- . Tap "Assistant Language"  Make Your Selection Via the Picker
Also read :and
John Legend's voice does not help you with everything
Remember, John Legend's Cameo in Google Assistant does not cover all needs or requirements. But there are certain things you can say to make him answer, rather than a more general Assistant voice from Google. What the Legend Google Assistant Alter Ego can not answer, the Google regular assistant will do. Here is the full list of Easter eggs.
Will there be more celebrity votes on Google Assistant?
Probably yes! Google says:
Cameo voices on the wizard were one of the most important requests we heard from you, and with the help of the modern speech synthesis model WaveNet, they are now reality.
With John Legend's voice limited, expect more celebrity cameos.
Originally published on April 3 at 6:30 pm PT.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.