With a digital scan app on your phone, you can easily get a receipt, drawing or important file instantly, and with these handy ones Apps you can I can forget to ever use a bulky copier again.
What to look for in document scanning apps
There are many mobile scanner apps that claim to be excellent, but really few are worth considering. Even fewer come with the additional tools that make them really powerful. Here are the most useful features you should look for in these apps:
- High quality scans: If a scanner app can't produce a great image, what is it about? Mobile scan apps should be able to take high-resolution images on most tablets and smartphones. Regardless of what you scan (book, whiteboard, receipt, or drawing), you should expect a bright and clear digital version of it. The best scanning apps should also offer lightweight imaging tools to remove unwanted shadows and highlights, and even offer to "straighten" an image when it is taken at an angle. Bonus points if an app automatically optimizes your file.
- Text recognition support: Scanning a doodle is one thing. However, if you are trying to digitize an important text document or form, the scanning app you are using must have support for Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology to accurately identify every last bit of text, ensuring that it is properly scanned File appears, and even convert it into an editable searchable document.
- Editing options: Sometimes you may have to mark a document once it has been scanned. Regardless of whether you are editing text, marking an important passage, marking where a recipient should sign, or drawing on a document before saving or sending it, you should at least be able to mark scanned PDF documents easily with these apps. Otherwise, you need to use a separate program to edit or annotate PDFs.
- Numerous export options: Sharing scanned objects with friends or colleagues should be easy with a good scanning app. There should be a variety of ways you can share a file, sync it with a cloud service, or send it to a printer or fax.
- Easy to use: A scan app is meant to be helpful, not an obstacle. As such, it should have an intuitive layout with clearly marked options. It should be a breeze to find editing and export options and also start scanning.
Best Mobile Scan App Overall: Adobe Scan
Adobe Scan (free) is the best scan app not only because it is free, but because it is makes scanning, editing and sharing files easier. The app is not picky about which formats you want to scan. She has no problem with magazines, forms, business cards, whiteboards, handwritten notes, or anything else you throw at it. It scans documents in PDFs and offers multiple capture modes to ensure that everything you scan looks clean and professional.
Adobe Scan uses Adobe Sensei AI technology to identify and sharpen handwritten text and remove unsightly flaws, shadows, and other elements. You can also open scanned PDF files in Adobe Reader to annotate them or work on them with a team. The app also makes it easy to convert a scanned document into a document that you can fill out and sign.
Best Premium Scan App: Scanbot ScanPro
Scanbot ScanPro ($ 9.99) is a fantastic app for scanning mobile documents for those who don't care mind losing a few dollars for it. The app creates high quality scans from sketchbooks to whiteboards with more than 200 dpi and the ability to crop, rotate, apply filters and optimize your appearance. With OCR support, you can search and edit text, edit and annotate files in various ways, from changing and correcting text to highlighting passages, adding notes or doodles.
Exporting files from the app is also a breeze ScanPro. Send scanned documents to a popular cloud service, share them online as a PDF, or fax them. It's worth noting that there is a free version of the app, but you can only scan and save documents. The Lite version ($ 4.99) offers OCR support and automatic uploads. However, in order to be able to access all functions of the app, the Pro version is the right way. In addition to all the functions listed here, the Pro version offers additional filters, intelligent names and topics.