Smartwatches are a quick and easy Christmas gift that you can use to optimize every day, whether you̵
What to look for in a smartwatch
All of the smartwatches in this gift guide have the features you would expect from a modern wearable. They notify you when you receive text messages, track your sleep, and count your steps. But if you’re shopping for a gym rat, healthy nut, or tech nerd, you might want to spend a bit of cash on premium smartwatch features.
Here’s a quick rundown of the smartwatch features that can influence your shopping decisions:
- Operating system: The Apple Watch does not work with Android phones. And while third-party smartwatches can When working with iPhones, they often lose many of their most important functions. When shopping for someone else, it is important to know which phone ecosystem they live in because of this.
- Fitness tracking: The smartwatches in this guide provide basic fitness features like pedometers, heart rate monitors, and GPS for running or cycling. They are also waterproof and swim-proof and have built-in training plans. However, the more expensive options offer tracking of more activities and exercises, and often offer a more robust set of guided workouts.
- Health tracking: If you want more than a simple fitness tracker, the smartwatches in this gift guide are packed with heart rate sensors, fall detectors, and sleep trackers. However, if you are looking for someone who would like an EKG or blood oxygen sensor, prepare to pay a premium.
- Features of quality of life: Pay attention to small features like a smartwatch’s battery life, display quality, and customizable watch faces. These little features can make a huge difference, especially when buying a smartwatch for someone who wants to wear their smartwatch all day every day.
- LTE / wireless functions: With an LTE smartwatch, you can’t take your phone with you everywhere. This is useful when you are running, biking, swimming, or even at the gym. Some of the smartwatches in this gift guide are available in offline or LTE variants, with the exception of the Fitbit Versa 3 and Garmin Venu.
- Shopping for kids ?: Are you looking to buy a smartwatch for a child or for someone who doesn’t own a phone? With Apple’s Family Setup system, a non-iPhone family member can use an Apple Watch to make calls, send texts, or share their location with you. Just buy an LTE Apple Watch SE or Apple Watch Series 6 to get started.
Oh man, that’s a lot to think about! Without further ado, let’s take a look at some smartwatches.
The best overall for the iPhone: Apple Watch SE
The new Apple Watch SE is an all-in-one powerhouse for fitness, health, communication and sleep tracking. It’s not the top-of-the-line Apple Watch currently available (that would be the Series 6), but the Apple Watch SE has most of the premium features you’ve come to expect from the latest and greatest from Apple. A heart rate monitor that is always on? Check. A high resolution retina display? It is there. Fall detection, emergency SOS, an 18-hour battery, fitness assistants, apps, sleep sensors, Apple Pay and SMS? You already know it.
Still, some people may prefer the latest and greatest. The Apple Watch SE lacks some functions that the fitness freaks on your wish list could appeal to – such as an EKG, a blood oxygen sensor and a constantly switched on display. For that, you’ll have to spend an extra hundred dollars on the Apple Watch Series 6.
Best smartwatch for iPhone
The premium choice for the iPhone: Apple Watch Series 6
Hardcore health and fitness nuts need a hardcore smartwatch. That is the idea behind Apple’s top wearable, the new Watch Series 6. It offers the same functions as the cheaper Apple Watch SE, but has a constantly switched on display, a blood-oxygen sensor, faster charging and an EKG a brighter display outdoors.
The Apple Watch Series 6 is available in more colors than any previous model, including gold, silver, navy blue, and Apple’s popular (PRODUCT) RED hue. Consider additional costs to add LTE capabilities to the 6 o’clock series. This way, your fifteen can work out without their iPhone in tow.
Best Premium Smartwatch for iPhone
The best overall for Android: Fitbit Versa 3
Fitbit’s Versa 3 smartwatch offers a variety of fitness and health monitoring functions behind a large, always-on display. But don’t let the branding fool you – the Versa 3 isn’t just for healthy nuts. It brings apps like Uber and Spotify to your wrist and notifies you of calls and SMS. You can even use the Versa 3 to pay at cash registers with Fitbit Pay, or program the Google Assistant or Alexa to take questions and commands from your wrist.
When it comes to health and fitness, the Versa 3 offers 24/7 heart rate tracking, all day activity tracking, built-in GPS, and over 20 goal-based training modes. What more could the average person need besides the amazing Fitbit app, six days of battery life, and advanced sleep tracking features?
If you to do If you’ve got one person on your list who needs more, check out the Fitbit Sense. It does everything the Versa 3 does, along with EKG, stress tracking, and even skin temperature monitoring. It’s the most advanced health watch you can buy today.
Best for Android
The premium choice for Android: Galaxy Watch 3
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is basically an Apple Watch Series 6 for Android. It’s stylish and customizable, with a blood oxygen sensor, EKG, 48-hour battery and an always-on display. It has a rotating bezel that allows you to quickly navigate the watch interface and browse apps, NFC payments through Samsung Pay, and a range of fitness and health data through the fantastic Samsung Health app.
Like other Samsung products, the Galaxy Watch 3 can be combined “seamlessly” with Samsung phones and tablets. Samsung users who are not particularly tech-savvy may find the Galaxy Watch 3 easier to set up than the other Android smartwatches in this gift guide. But make no mistake – Samsung smartwatches work with all Android phones, not just Samsung’s.
Best premium watch for Android
Best sporty smartwatch: Garmin Venu
The Garmin Venu is an incredible fitness beast. It can track just about any activity, including niche workouts like skiing, Pilates, mountain biking, and rowing. The numerous sport profiles, strength training exercises, and built-in workouts keep you motivated and informed, while the large AMOLED display and quality of life features allow you to quickly scan text messages, control Spotify, and make contactless payments when you’re on the go
Garmin’s fitness-focused smartwatch is an obvious asset to the gym rats and fitness freaks in your life. But it’s also a great choice for people who want a big, sturdy smartwatch. With six days of battery life and durability to withstand any situation, the Garmin Venu is a certified winner.
For users who don’t need some of the Venu’s advanced features, like the barometric altimeter or the AMOLED display, the Venu SQ or SQ Music are great choices for less money.
Best sporty smartwatch