قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Tips and Tricks / The Debate Commission says it will fix the remaining Trump and Biden showdowns

The Debate Commission says it will fix the remaining Trump and Biden showdowns



Democrats condemned Trump’s behavior over the course of the 90-minute show, in which the incumbent Republican repeatedly scoured Biden’s responses and interrupted host Chris Wallace with a flurry of unsubstantiated allegations.

White House allies and Conservative commentators, meanwhile, have charged Wallace with challenging Trump more than Biden, claiming the Fox News host was biased against the Democratic presidential candidate.

In its statement on Wednesday, the Commission praised Wallace for his “professionalism and competence” throughout the debate and revealed that it “wants to ensure that additional tools are in place to maintain order for the remaining debates”

;.

Trump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh criticized the announcement on Wednesday, claiming the commission was only considering changing the format of the debate “because your guy was beaten up last night.”

“President Trump was the dominant force and now Joe Biden is trying to work the arbitrator,” Murtaugh said in a statement. “You shouldn’t move the goalposts and change the rules in the middle of the game.”

Biden’s deputy campaign manager Kate Bedingfield said in her own statement that the former vice president will answer voters’ questions at the next debate in Miami, “whatever the rules the commission develops to curb Donald Trump’s behavior.”

“The president has to choose whether to answer voters’ questions he didn’t answer in this campaign or to repeat last night’s collapse,” Bedingfield said.

In the hours since the candidate’s bitter clash – during which Trump attacked Biden’s family, calling Biden Trump a racist and a clown – some Democrats have suggested that their candidate should not take part in the two remaining debates due next month.

At the very least, the commission should give the moderator the opportunity to mute the candidates’ microphones if they violate the rules of debate previously agreed by both campaigns.

Top Biden campaign officials said Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning that he plans to appear on both of the upcoming debates. The second debate, a town hall-style event scheduled for October 15th, is to take place in a completely different format, while the third debate on October 22nd should be structured identically to the first.

Alex Isenstadt and Marc Caputo contributed to this report.


Source link