Amazon's voice assistant Alexa infiltrates her home, her beach trips and. Now that there are many ways to interact with Alexa ̵
The list of commands is growing rapidly, as well as the number of third-party services and devices that Alexa officially (and unofficially) supports.
Here is the (almost) full list of Amazon Alexa commands.
Summon by Alexa
By default, Amazon's connected speakers have the same activation word. All you have to do to queuce a request is "Alexa". In the Amazon Alexa mobile application or at echo.amazon.com, you can change the activation word in Amazon Echo or Computer .
If you have an Amazon Tap, Dash Wand, or Amazon Fire TV voice remote, you must press a button to wake Alexa. Amazon has updated the tap with a hands-free mode that you need to enable in Settings. The only wake-up word available to the Amazon Tap is Alexa .
Earlier this year, Amazon added a feature calledwhich makes it easier and faster to send multiple commands to Alexa without having to repeat the wake-up word all the time. If you enable this feature, Alexa will continue to wait for another command after completing your first request. You can enter additional commands until you are done or say "Stop".
Amazon has also developed a multi-command function that lets you combine two related commands into one. You can say "Alexa, play folk music on Amazon in volume six" or "Alexa, add bread, milk and eggs to my shopping list."
Editor's Note: This article was originally published on April 13, 2016 and is regularly updated with new Alexa commands, features, and information.
Other Places to Access Alexa
The most obvious or natural way to use Alexa is an Amazon echo speaker or a third-party speaker. However, you can not just go to Amazon's digital assistant.
In fact, there are more and more ways to access Alexa, which are constantly being created, and you do not even need special devices. Here are some of the best known ways to use Alexa with your existing devices:
In mobile apps, the activation word does not work. Instead, you'll need to search for the Alexa icon and tap it to queue the wizard. Not all functions – like reminders – also work in the mobile apps.
Open Cortana on an updated Windows computer and say "Open Alexa." After the first connection is made, Amazon Assistant is queued by Cortana.
Alexa Echo Auto Connect lets you connect your phone to Alexa in your car. Echo Auto can run many of the commands and functions as a home device.
The Complete List of Alexa Commands
The list of Alexa commands is large and growing with each new service or device being supported. Alexa is not perfect, but it's pretty good at understanding natural language, so you do not always have to speak the commands exactly as you see them below. Many commands work if they are formulated in different ways or if words are omitted.
If you consider the possible third-party commands through skills, essentially the apps from Amazon Alexa, the list goes even further. For skill specifics, see the skills page in the Amazon Alexa app or visit alexa.amazon.com.
Here are all native Alexa commands.
- Ask for help: "Alexa, help."
- Have a conversation: "Alexa, let's chat." ,
- Stop or pause: "Alexa, stop" or "Alexa, shut up".
- Change volume: "Alexa, turn up the volume to 5," http://www.cnet.com/ "Alexa "louder" or "Alexa, louder / softer".
The echo show and the echo spot are the only echosounders with a touchscreen display, so you can tell them to show you things.  Ask what can be seen in the echo show: "Alexa, what can you show me?"
Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
You can now use compatible echo devices (Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Look, Echo Show and Amazon Tap).
- Controlling Fire TV: "Alexa, [pause, play, resume, stop, fast-forward, rewind] in Fire TV."
- Looking for movies or for "Alexa, look for [movie to TV show title] in Fire TV" or "Alexa, see [movie or TV show title] in Fire TV."
- Looking for works by a particular actor: "Alexa, Show me tracks with [actor] in Fire TV. "
- Open Apps:" Alexa, Open [app name] in Fire TV "or" Alexa, Launch [app name] on Fire TV. "
- After Home return: "Alexa, return home."
Fire TV Edition TV
Amazon also incorporates its Fire TV operating system into televisions such as the. All of the above commands also work with these commands, in addition to some TV-specific commands below.
- Turning on or off the TV: "Turn on Alexa, Fire TV" or "Turn off Alexa, Fire TV".
- Change the volume of Fire TV: "Alexa, set the volume to [level] on Fire TV" or "Alexa, turn up [up/down] the volume on Fire TV."
- Mute Fire TV: "Alexa, [mute/unmute] Fire TV."
- Change the channel when you watch an antenna: "Alexa Switch to [channel or network name] in Fire TV."
- Change the input: "Alexa, switch to PlayStation in Fire TV "or" Alexa, Switch to HDMI 1 in Fire TV ".
- Open the Antenna Program Guide: "Alexa, open TV Guide on Fire TV."
- Adjust audio settings: "Alexa, set bass to four."
- Play Music: "Alexa, Play music. "
- Play music on other (or more) Alexa devices:" Alexa, play [artist] in the living room "or" Alexa, play [artist] everywhere ".
- Certain song or performer in the queue: "Alexa, play music from [artist]."
- Play a song based on context: "Alexa, play the album Avett Brothers album" or " Alexa, play the song that has to go down because I want everything. "Http://www.cnet.com/"
- : "Alexa, play Baby Music "or" Alexa, play rock music to work ".
- Play the song of the day:" Alexa, play the song of the day ".
- Play Spotify Music:" Alexa, play on Spotify.
- Play the Pandora Channel: "Alexa, play [artist] the station on Pandora."
- Play a radio station: "Alexa, play [radio station] on TuneIn. "
- Play an audiobook:" Alexa, play The complete list of Alexa commands so far on Audible, "http://www.cnet.com/" Alexa, read The complete list of Alexa commands so far "or" Alexa, play the book, " The complete list of Alexa commands so far ".
- Continue the most recently played audiobook:" Alexa, continue my book. "
- Skip Audio Book Chapter:" Alexa, Next Chapter, "or" Alexa, Previous Chapter. "
- Play A Bedtime Story: "Alexa, Read a Bedtime Story [name].
- Listen to Alexa reading you a Kindle book: "Alexa, read me my Kindle book.
- Setting a sleep timer: "Alexa sets a sleep timer for 45 minutes" or "Alexa, stop playing in 45 minutes."
- Song information: "Alexa, what's up?"  Music control: "Alexa, play" or "Alexa, next".
- Control music playback on another Alexa speaker: "Alexa, stop in the kitchen" or "Alexa, next in the office".  Restart the song: "Alexa, restart". "
- Add a song to your Prime Music library:" Alexa, add this song. "
- Create a playlist in Amazon Music: "Alexa, create a new playlist" or "Alexa, create a" Friday Chill "playlist."
- Add a song to a playlist in Amazon Music: "Alexa, add this song to your playlist" or " Alexa, add this to my playlist . "
- I like it or I do not like it ht Pandora and iHeartRadio: "Alexa, I like this song" or "Alexa, thumbs down".
- Trial of Amazon Music Unlimited launch: "Alexa, start my free trial of Amazon Music Unlimited."
- "Alexa, wake me up" Listening to music every day at 8 o'clock "allows users to make adjustments Your morning starts with music from Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, iHeartRadio and Vevo.
Time and date  Set an alarm: "Alexa, set an alarm for 7 o'clock" or "Alexa, wake me up at 7 in the morning. "
Calls and Messages
In May 2017, Amazon introducedbetween users of echo speakers. Later, another feature called was added, allowing users to call various echo devices in the intercom style of their home. (You can also call through the Alexa app and send messages, but no commands are required.)
This year, Amazon has new features such asand the ability to .
- Call another Echo user: "Alexa, Call [name]."
- Answer an incoming call: "Alexa, answer call" or "Alexa, answer call".
- Hang up: "Alexa, Hang Up" or "Alexa, End Call".
- Message to another Echo user: "Alexa, Message [name]" or "Alexa, Send Message [name]".
- Play news: "Alexa, play messages."
- Send an SMS: "Alexa, send an SMS to [contact name]" or "Alexa, send a text message."
- Use Drop In on one of your own devices: "Alexa, drop in the living room."
- Drop by another user (requires that the other user allows you to pass by at any time): "Alexa, drop by at [name]."
- Turn that on Video during an ongoing call (Works only with Echo Show): "Alexa, turn off video."
- Announce: "Alexa, announce it's dinner", http://www.cnet.com/ "Alexa, send it time to go" or "Alexa, say good night to all".
- Number Verification: "Alexa, open phone number verification" → "Tell me about 301-555-5555" or "Please provide information about 301-555-5555."
- Order the essentials on Amazon for: "Alexa, buy more deodorant" or "Alexa, order deodorant".  Track packages from Amazon: "Alexa, where is my stuff?" or "Alexa, follow my order".
- Order an Amazon Alexa device: "Alexa, order an echo", http://www.cnet.com/ "Alexa, Order an Echo Dot" or "Alexa, Order an Amazon Tap."  Add an item to your cart: "Alexa, add garbage bags to your cart."
- Order a Uber or Lyft with the following abilities: "Alexa, tell Uber to ride" or "Alexa, ask Lyft for a ride. "
- While listening to music on Amazon: "Alexa, buy this song" or "Alexa, buy this album".
- Buy new music: "Alexa, buy one for new music from [artist]."
- Buy a song or album from an artist: "Alexa, buy [song or album] from [artist]."  Ask for deals: "Alexa, what are your deals?"
- Alexa has advised you on good product recommendations. Just say "Alexa, can you find me a good smartphone on Amazon?" and find products based on Amazon customer reviews and ratings.
To enable notifications, open the Alexa app or go to alexa.amazon.com and go to Settings> Notifications> Shopping Notifications and move the switch to the position One. Your echo speakers will light yellow when you receive new notifications.
- Check missed notifications: "Alexa, what did I miss?", Http://www.cnet.com/ "Alexa, read my notifications" or "Alexa, what are my notifications?"
- Navigate through notifications: "Alexa, next" or "Alexa, previous".
- Delete notifications: "Alexa, delete all my notifications."
Task and Shopping Lists
- Add task to task list: "Alexa, add my to-do list" Go to the store "or" Alexa, I need to make an appointment with the doctor. "
- Create a new to-do article: "Alexa, make a todo."
- Review calendar events: "Alexa, what's in my calendar tomorrow?"
- Add an event to a calendar: " Alexa, add [event] to my calendar for [day] [time]. "Or" Alexa, add an event to your calendar. "
- :" Alexa, move Do my meeting from 12:00 to 3:00. "
- Create a shopping list:" Alexa, add eggs to your shopping list "or" Alexa, I need to buy laundry detergent. "
- Check your shopping list: "Alexa, what's on my shopping list?"
- Create a reminder: "Alexa, Reminder" or "Alexa, remind me to check the oven in 5 minutes."  Review the existing reminders: "Alexa, what are my memories of this weekend?" or "Alexa, what memories do I have tomorrow?"
- Donate money to your favorite charity by saying, "Alexa, donate to American Cancer Institute INC." or any number of approved charities.
- Want to check your American Express balance? Just say "Alexa, open Amex" and look at your account.
News and Weather
- Ask for your : "Alexa, what's my Flash Briefing?"
- Add music news to your flash briefing: "Alexa, enable Today in Music."
- Check the headlines: "Alexa, what's in the news?"
- Check the weather: "Alexa, what's the weather like?" or "Alexa, will it rain today?". You can also ask, "Alexa, do I need an umbrella today?"
- Get weather forecast: "Alexa, what's the weather like this weekend?
- Get traffic info:" Alexa, what's my shuttle? "or" Alexa, how is the traffic?
- Searching for movies in nearby cinemas: "Alexa, which movies are being played? "or" Alexa, which action movies will be played tonight?
- Information about playing movies: "Alexa, tell me something about the movie The complete list of Alexa commands so far."
- Get movie quotes: "Give me a [movie] quote."
- Get the IMDb -Evaluation: "Alexa, what is the IMDb rating for [movie or TV show]?
- Casting for a movie or a show: "Alexa, who plays in [movie or TV show]? "
- Find out who an actor is:" Alexa, who plays [character] in [movie or TV show]?
- Find the latest work by an actor: "Alexa, what is the latest movie from [actor]? "
- Find out who sings a particular song:" Who sings the song The complete list of Alexa commands so far?
- Get the names of the band members: "Who is in the band [name]? "
- Album information received:" What year did [band] release [song or album]?
- Popular artist's music search: "Alexa, what's popular with [artist]?  Sample music by an artist: "Alexa, sample songs from [artist]."
- Searching for a particular album or song: "Alexa, Fund [song or album] of [artist]."
Food and Business  Get a recipe: "Alexa, how do you make chocolate biscuits?"
Read more: The Best Alexa Commands for Exercise, Better Sleep, and Stress Reduction  Mathematics
- Convert units: "Al exa, how many [units] are in [units]?
- Convert units: "Alexa, how many [units] are in 2 [units]?
- Basic Math: "Alexa, what are 5 plus 7? "or" Alexa, what is 56 times 33? "
- Advanced Maths:" Alexa, 70 faculties. "(Warning: Alexa lists numbers that you have not known for a while to exist.)
- Dice: "Alexa, roll" or "Alexa, roll 26-sided.". "
- Throw a coin:" Alexa, throw a coin. "
- Choose a number:" Alexa, choose a number between 1 and 50 ".
Definitions and Spelling
- Definition of a word: "Alexa, what is the definition of [word]?"
- Get the spelling of a word: "Alexa, how do you write [word]?"
- Check the results of a finished game: "Alexa, what was the result of the game [team]?"
- Question, whether a team won: "Alexa, won the game [team]?"
- Wondering when the next game is coming up: "Alexa, when are the [team] next?"
- Find out the results of your favorite teams: "Alexa, give me my sports update."
- Get the fantasy football update with Yahoo Fantasy Skill Football: "Alexa, ask Yahoo Fantasy Football for an earnings update" or "Alexa, ask Yahoo Fantasy Football if Colin Kaepernick plays this week." 19659037] Voicecast
- To send the latest rendering of a Fire tablet: "Alexa, send this to my Fire tablet."
- Send to another profile: "Alexa, show that on [name]'s Fire Tablet."
Alexa can compete with numerous smart home platforms like SmartThings, Wink, Insteon , Lutron, Belkin WeMo, Philips Hue and many more. Some require you to activate abilities, others do not. Amazon has updated Alexa earlier this month to change the color of Smart Bulbs from Philips Hue, LifX and TP-Link.
Here are some of the different commands that you can use to control your Smart Homes, though there are still dozens.
- Turning the lights on or off: "Alexa, turn on the lights" or "Alexa, turn off the living room lights".
- Dim the lights: "Alexa, dim the lights to 50 percent."
- Change the color of the lights: "Alexa, make the living room lights red" or "Alexa, make the lights soft white".
- Change the color temperature of the lights: "Alexa, make the kitchen lights a little warmer."
- Adjust the temperature: "Alexa, increase the temperature by 1 degree."
- Adjust the temperature : "Alexa, set the temperature to 72."
- Complete your doors: "Alexa, lock my back door."
- Close your garage door: "Alexa, ask Garageio ( 129 USD at Garageio) close my garage. "
- Discover smart home devices: "Alexa, discover my devices."
- Use IFTTT recipes: "Alexa, Trigger [IFTTT recipe]."
- Activate a scene (limited to Control4, Insteon, Lutron Caseta Wireless, Philips Hue, SmartThings, and Wink): "Alexa, turn on movie time" or "Alexa, turn on" at bedtime. "[1 9659033] Control GE devices with the Geneva capability:" Alexa, tell Geneva to preheat my oven to 400 degrees "or" Alexa, ask Geneva if my laundry is dry. "
- Search a lost phone with the ability TrackR Lost My Phone: "Alexa, please TrackR to find my cell phone."
- : "Alexa, turn on the TV "or" Alexa, turn Netflix on "
- The Polk In the command bar, Alexa is integrated into the soundbar, which provides excellent sound quality.
- When you say" Alexa, Run Away Mode ", there are conversations guided to deter potential burglars.
- Can Help Protect your home by notifying you when smoke detectors or broken glass are heard It works with the Amazon Smart Doorbell, a ring and an ADT-Siche rheitssystem. To stop this feature, just say "Alexa, I'm leaving."
- Pair a Bluetooth device: "Alexa, Pair" or "Alexa, Bluetooth".
- Connect to a Bluetooth device: "Alexa, Connect to my phone".
- Disconnect from a Bluetooth device: "Alexa, disconnect my phone."
Profiles and user accounts
- Change profiles: "Alexa, switch accounts."
- Check which profile is active: "Alexa, which profile is this?"  Skills
Skills are like third-party apps for Alexa speakers. They allow you to connect third-party software and hardware to your speakers, play games, and add various news sources to your Flash Briefing.
- Use a skill: "Alexa, open play on the ears".
- Find the child's abilities: "Alexa, what skills do you have?
- Activate abilities:" Alexa, activate Danger!
- Disable abilities: "Alexa, disable Domino's."
- With the bartender ability, you have access to over 12,000 cocktail recipes: "Alexa, open the bartender."
Another new update eliminates the need to enable abilities before using them If you enable or disable abilities, but only say "open [skill invocation]", a skill will be found and activated. If you need to sign in to your account for this ability, Alexa App or go to alexa.amazon.com, open the Skills menu and log in to your account to authorize the connection.
MicrosoftBut instead of being just an ability, it opens the door to a completely separate digital donkey through your Alexa speakers.
If you added the ability to enable permissions and your Microsoft and Amazon accounts, just say "Alexa, open Cortana". When talking to Cortana, you can check your emails, ask for the next appointment on your calendar, or add items to your to-do list.
Currently, the Cortana skill is limited as it provides a public preview of future full integration.
- Get Wikipedia information: "Alexa, Wikipedia: [subject]."
- Ask Alexa to add the Wikipedia entry "Alexa, tell me more." Read on.
- Ask a general question: "Alexa, how tall is [person or object’s name]?"
- Ask Quora a question: "Alexa, ask Quora if crustaceans are in pain while cooking."
- Get a " Game of Thrones Quote: "Alexa, give me a & # 39; Game of Thrones & quot; quote."
- Whether it's a bull or a bear market, users can check their stock values by saying "Alexa, ask Opening Bell for Microsoft" (or another listed company).
- Find out when a holiday is: "Alexa, when is [holiday]?"
- Holiday Limerick: "Alexa, tell me a Holiday Limerick."
- Learn more about a holiday: "Alexa, why? We celebrate [holiday]?"
- Ask Santa Claus, "Alexa, how old is Santa Claus?" Http://www.cnet.com / "Alexa, is Santa Claus real?" Or "Alexa, where is Santa Claus living?"
- Ask about Santa's reindeer: "Alexa, who is your favorite reindeer?" http://www.cnet.com/ "Alexa, what can you tell me about Santa's reindeer?" or "Alexa, what do you know about Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer?"
- Track Santa: "Alexa, where is Santa Claus?" or "Alexa, follow Santa".
- Sing a Christmas carol: "Alexa, sing a Christmas carol".
- Lass Alexa "Die Nacht vor Weihnachten" lesen: "Alexa, lies" Die Nacht vor Weihnachten ".  Dreidel drehen: "Alexa, dreidel drehen."
- Urlaubswitze machen: "Alexa, mach mein Geschenk auf" http://www.cnet.com/ "Alexa, wie hässlich ist dein / mein Urlaub Pullover? "oder„ Alexa, erzähl mir einen Schneemann-Witz. "
- Frage nach Urlaubsfilmen:„ Alexa, was ist dein Lieblings-Urlaubsfilm? "oder„ Alexa, was sind die besten Urlaubsfilme? "
Alexa steckt voller Ostereier und Witze – die Liste ist lang. Wir behandeln die seltsame Welt der Alexa-Ostereieroder humorvolle Antwort.
- "Alexa, gib mir ein Osterei."
- "Alexa, guten Morgen."
- "Alexa, erzähl mir einen Witz."
- "Alexa, beame mich hoch."
- "Alexa, setze ph will töten. "
- " Alexa. Tee. Earl Grey. Heiß. "
- " Alexa, mein Name ist Inigo Montoya. "
- " Alexa, ich will die Wahrheit. "
- " Alexa, mach Party, Wayne. "
- " Alexa, zeig mir das Geld . "
- " Alexa, wie lautet die erste (oder zweite) Regel von Fight Club? "
- " Alexa, das kannst du doch nicht ernst meinen. "
- " Alexa, bist du SkyNet? "
- „Alexa, Party Time!"
- „Alexa, öffne die Türen der Pods."
- „Alexa, wann werde ich sterben?"
- „Alexa, was ist deine Aufgabe?"
- Alexa, schön dich zu sehen, dich zu sehen … "
- " Alexa, erwähne nicht den Krieg. "
- " Alexa, das ist ein toter Papagei. "
- " Alexa, was ist dein listiger Plan? "
Weitere Informationen finden Sie in diesem Reddit-Thread zu Alexa-Ostereiern.
Diese Geschichte wird regelmäßig aktualisiert.