One of the nicest things about the Apple AirPods is the automatic connection to an iPhone ($ 1
Nevertheless the AirPods have no buttons and can do so much for themselves that they have a control on each side. It's a simple double tap. People often do not realize that they can adjust the function of this double tap. We will show you how.
You can currently set four options for double tapping on each of your AirPods:  Siri
For example, I've set mine to the proper AirPod is played or paused when I type twice. The left one activates Siri.
To adjust the effect of double tipping on your AirPods, perform the following steps on an iPhone:
1. Connect your AirPods
2. Put one or both AirPods in your ears
3. Tap the App Settings
4. Tap Bluetooth
5. Check if the status of your AirPods is "Connected".
6. Touch the "i" icon next to "Connected" status.
7. Go to the "Double Touch the AirPod" section
8. . Tap Left, and then select the action the left AirPod should perform if you tap twice.
9. Touch the name of your AirPod in the upper left corner to return to the previous menu.
10. Tap Right, and then select the action that the right AirPod should perform if you tap twice.
And if you are worried that the AirPods will pop out when you double-tap, you should not miss our.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.