Emojis may seem frivolous, but along with GIFs, they have become an important way for people to express themselves in conversations about text and social media. With emoji shirts, pillows and even a movie, they are firmly anchored in everyday culture.
To change the icons of your Mac desktop folder to "Emoji" (these steps were also described in a Tik Tok video):
1. Create a folder on your computer Desktop by clicking on File > New folder .
2 Click. Do a Google image search for the emoji you want (ie "Heart Emoji" or "Star Emoji").
3. Drag the image you want to your desktop.
4. Double-click on the image to preview it.
5. To make the image transparent, press the markup icon (it looks like a wand), click on the background of the image, creating a moving outline around the image is displayed, and click Edit > . Cut .
6. Click the markup icon again and drag a box around the emoji.
7. Click Edit and select all. Press Command + C .
8. Return to the original folder you created on your desktop and right-click on it.
9. Click Get Info .
10. On the screen that appears, click the blue folder icon and press Command + V . Your emoji should be displayed.
You can also delete the text under the folder and replace it with a space to display only emoji on your desktop without captions.
Learn more in 10 Mac apps everyone should use.