If you own an iPhone XS ($ 1
Incidentally, you can now either download and install the iOS 13 beta. Or you can wait until the fall for a final version.
When you record a video with your iPhone X ($ 630 at Walmart) XR and XS, it does not play across the entire screen. Instead, there are digital black borders on both sides. The problem occurs because the screen of the latest iPhone generation is wider than the standard 16: 9 aspect ratio with which videos were taken. You can zoom and pinch at any time during playback to get a "zoomed" look, but this is not the case. t ideal.
I recommend continuing to trim your video with iOS 13's new editing tools. YouTubers like Marques Brownlee and Jonathan Morrison cut their videos wider to have more space on your screen. As the cinema shows: widescreen films look more epic.
With iOS 13, you can now use all the tools and effects that you could use to edit photos to optimize the exposure, color, sharpness, and cropping of a video. In particular, the cropping tool helps us create a wider video. Just as you crop a photo to make it square or narrow, you can now crop videos to have more space on your screen. And if you do not want to see the score, you can crop the video to be wider but not wide enough.
This is how you can broaden your videos with iOS 13.
- Open the Photos app and go to the video you want to crop.
- Tap the Edit button at the top right of the screen, and then tap the Crop tool.
- Slide the top of the harvest box over a hair and the bottom of the harvest box over a hair. This is basically a feast for the eyes, as the iPhone does not offer a limited cut exactly the size of the screen.
- Tap and hold the video to adjust its position within the crop box, as you make a tiny cut from above and below.
- Press Done, as soon as you like the cut, and wait for the video to be saved.
Now, every time you play the video on your iPhone, it takes up most of the time the screen takes. Hopefully, Apple will be updating the Crop Tool with more limited ratios designed specifically for videos like 1.85: 1 and 2.39: 1 or only 19.5: 9. This is the actual aspect ratio of an iPhone XS screen.
If you're interested In iOS 13 on the iPhone, watch the CNET stories with a cool, hidden Wi-Fi tool and learn how to keep your location a secret.
CNET may receive a commission from retailers.