The live streaming on Facebook was first introduced in 2015 and has since been a hit. It is used by businesses to promote their products and services, as well as everyday people who want to share the moment with friends and family. Live streams are uncut and raw, which makes them real and so popular. In this way, viewers can create a true connection to the streamer, posting their reactions in real time, and asking questions.
In this step-by-step guide, we'll show you how to go live on Facebook using your Android device as well as your PC. The process is quick and easy, no matter which platform you use. Let us immerse ourselves.
How to go live with an Android device on Facebook
To play live on your Android device on Facebook, launch the app and tap the "What's your plan?" Section above, just like when creating a new post. Then select "Go Live" from the list below.
Now it's time to adjust the settings. Start by selecting the camera you want to use for the live stream – front or back. You can switch between the two using the camera button at the top of the screen. Give your live stream a description and add your location if your viewers want to know exactly where you are. You can also add an emoji to the mix so people know how you feel.
. The next step is to invite your Facebook friends to join the live stream. Tap the "Bring a Friend" option at the bottom of the screen and select some friends from the list who will be notified when they go live. Once this is done, you need to give the video a little flair with filters, frames and text. Just tap the magic wand next to the blue Start Live Video button and play with the options you see.
The last step before starting Live is to navigate in "Live Settings" and select who can see your video live stream (anyone, friends, certain friends …). You can access these settings by tapping the "To: …" section at the top left of the screen. Once you're done, you can finally go live on Facebook by tapping the "start live video" button.
Step-by-step guide to going live on Facebook on Android:
- Open the Facebook app on your Android device.
- At the top, tap the section "What's up?".
- Tap the Go Live option.
- Select the camera to use for the live stream front and back with the camera icon at the top of the screen.
- Give your live stream a title and add a location if you want. You can also insert an emoji.
- Invite your Facebook friends to the live stream by tapping the "Bring a Friend" option. The selected friends will be notified as soon as they go live.
- Add flair to the video with filters, frames, and text by tapping the magic wand icon next to the Start Live Video button.
- Choose who can do it Tap on "To: …" in the top left of the screen to show your live stream (all, friends, specific friends …).
- Tap the "Start Live Video" button to start live streaming.  You can stream live for a maximum of four hours. Click the Finish button to stop streaming. You can then share or delete the recording on your timeline.
How to Switch to Facebook on a PC
Watching TV on your computer is less popular than using a smartphone just because you do not always have your PC with you. Also, it's much bigger and heavier, so it's not great to turn it around if you want to flaunt your surroundings.
First, visit Facebook on your computer, log in, and click the three horizontal dots icon in the "Make a post" section at the top of the page. A pop-up window will open (see screenshot above) in which you need to click on the "Live Video" option.
The next step is to make some adjustments before going live. Most of the settings are straightforward and correspond to the ones we covered in the above Android version. Therefore, I will not go into all the details here. You just need to add a title to the live stream, decide who can show it, and add a location, among other things. However, you can not customize the stream with filters and text as you would on an Android device.
Step-by-step guide to activating on Facebook:
- Click the icon with three horizontal dots Click the "Create Post" section at the top of the page.
- Click the Live Video option.
- Add all details (description, location, etc.).
- Click the Live Operation button Click the bottom right corner to start live streaming.
Keep reading: How to unlock someone on Facebook
You have it – so you can go live on Facebook with your Android device or PC. Did you already try it? Let us know in the comments!