Apple's newest mobile operating system for iPhones will be released on Monday, September 17, for everyone. But if you can not wait that long, you can now install the "Golden Master" version of iOS 12. This build of iOS 12 is the final release that was made available to developers and public beta testers on September 12, the same day as Apple's "Gather Round" event, and that's exactly what's going on appear on the iPhone for a week
The Golden Master or GM is the last beta build available for iOS devices, and is designed to allow public beta users to report the last known issues that might prevent the stable version from working properly , Developers also need them to help them prepare their apps to support the new iOS version and take advantage of new features they can provide to users.
In the past, the GM build was exactly the same as it was the following week so it does not hurt to install it now. After record-breaking 1
Method 1: Participate in the Beta Programs
If you are a developer, the easiest way to get iOS 12 GM is to use your Apple Developer account. You probably already know how to get the latest developer beta version if you're a developer. However, check out our guide to and install the beta version for developers if you need help. It should be the GM version of iOS 12 if you only join the beta (there will not be a beta number for it), but just in case, go to "Software Update" section in the "General" settings to make it for sure.
For those of you who are not developers, you can still join the Apple Beta Software Program and register your device. If you've never joined the Apple Beta Software program, read our guide to joining the iOS 10 public beta and registering your device. Then make sure you have the latest version of iOS 12 in the "Software Update" section in the "General" settings. If you just joined and installed the beta, it's probably already the GM version (there will not be a beta number for it.)
Method 2: Install the IPSW file
While the developers and public Beta Programs The easiest ways to use the iOS 12 GM Build is to download the iOS 12 GM IPSW file and install it on your iPhone with iTunes.
Download the appropriate IPSW file that matches your iPhone model. And if you are worried about security, do not be; These links are the official ones from Apple, so they can be absolutely safely downloaded / installed. I will also include links for iPad and iPod touch for your convenience.
After you've downloaded the appropriate IPSW file for your device to your Mac or Windows computer, it's a pretty easy process to use it in iTunes to upgrade your iPhone firmware to iOS 12 GM. And it will not erase any photos, videos, or other important data on your device, so you do not have to worry about starting over.
Connect your iPhone to your computer  Connect your iPhone. Connect your iPhone to your computer with a Lightning to USB cable or Lightning to USB C cable.
Unlock the iPhone (if necessary). If the message "Unlock iPhone to use accessories" appears on the iPhone display, unlock your iPhone using Face ID, Touch ID, or Passcode.
Trust the computer (if necessary). You may also need to "trust" the computer when you connect iPhone for the first time. Follow the instructions on your iPhone and computer to complete the process. You can trust the computer later if you want.
Place iTunes on your computer
- Open iTunes. iTunes should open automatically on your computer. If not, open it manually.
- Update iTunes. Make sure iTunes is running the latest available software version. You can check the Mac App Store under "Update" in macOS. On Windows, you can use "Check for updates" in the Help menu in iTunes. If you do not see it, check the Microsoft Store for updates.
- Login to iTunes. Log in to your Apple account in iTunes if you are not already logged in.
- Choose your iPhone. Click the iPhone icon when it appears next to the media dropdown in iTunes, and make sure you're in the Summary view.
- Backing up iOS 11 (optional). Create an iOS 11 backup of your iPhone, if you have not already done so. A full backup can be done through via iTunes, while an incremental backup can be done through iCloud. We recommend using iTunes as you are already there. Use the encrypted option if you want to retain health and activity data.
- Archive your iOS 11 backup (optional). This prevents iTunes from overwriting your iOS 11 backup the next time you sync with iTunes with iOS 12. This is optional and only required if you want to downgrade to iOS 11.4.1. To archive it, open "Settings" in iTunes, select the "Devices" tab, then right-click on the appropriate iOS 11 backup and select "Archive". (A lock should now appear next to it.)
Install the iOS 12 GM on your iPhone
- Initiate the process. Press and hold the option on a Mac or the Shift key on Windows, and then click the Refresh or Scan for Update button in iTunes.
- Select the file. In the file selection window, select the IPSW recovery image you downloaded above, then click Open to begin the installation.
- Wait for iTunes. When iTunes has done its job, the iPhone should be restarted.
- Set up iOS 12. Follow the on-screen instructions on your iPhone to activate and set up iOS 12. We recommend opening the App Store and updating all your apps, many of which include iOS 12-specific updates.
This may seem like a lot of steps, it's actually a pretty quick process, especially if you're not worried about backing up your previous software and have no unlock or trust. Once you've all set up and all your apps updated, read our summary of iOS 12 features for the iPhone to see all the cool new things you can do with the latest version of Apple's mobile operating system.
iOS 12 brings performance enhancements and exciting new features for the iPhone and iPad. Photos introduces new features that let you rediscover and share photos in your library. Memoji – a newer, more customizable Animoji text News Expressive and entertaining, Screen Time helps you and your family make the most of your time spent on devices, Siri Shortcuts provide a faster way to get things done, as any app can work with Siri. The augmented reality becomes even more interesting as developers can now create shared AR experiences. New privacy features protect you from being trawled the web. This update includes new features and enhancements to:
- iOS has been improved for a faster and more responsive experience throughout the system
- All supported devices see improved performance, going back to iPhone 5s and iPad Air  The Camera starts up to 70 percent faster, keyboard appears up to 50 percent faster, and typing more responsive *
- Apps start up to twice as fast when the device is heavily used.
- New For Use the Tabs tab to see great photos in your library of recommended photos, effect suggestions, and more.
- Sharing suggestions lets you share photos taken at events.
- Search improvements make it easier to find your photos with smart suggestions and multi-keyword support
- Search for photos
- Improved by location, business name, or event you were in when you took them Camera performance with faster p performance and a new large preview mode
- RAW – support for editing images
- portrait – detail enhancements preserve fine details between subject and background when using Stage Light and Stage Light mono effects
- QR codes are highlighted Camera frame that facilitates scanning
- Memoji, a new, more customizable animoji, makes messages with personalized characters that are diverse and entertaining more expressive
- Animoji now also includes T. rex, ghost, koala and tiger
- Make Memoji and Animoji wink and stretch their tongue
- New camera effects bring animoji, filters, text effects, iMessage sticker packs and shapes to the photos and videos you take in messages
- Animoji recordings can now capture up to 30 seconds
Screening time  Screen time provides detailed information and tools to help you and your family find the right balance of time with apps and websites
Time in apps, usage in different categories of apps, how many notifications are received, and how many devices Using app limits, you can set how much time you or your child can spend on apps and websites Children's screen time lets parents manage their child's iPhone and iPad directly from their own iOS devices off
Do Not Disturb
- Disable after a set time, location, or calendar event Do not disturb
- Do not disturb Bedtime hides all notifications from your lock screen while you sleep
- Notifications from the same app are automatically grouped to help you manage your notifications
- Instant Tuning gives you Control Your Notification Settings Directly on the Lock Screen
- The new option "Deliver Quietly" automatically sends notifications directly to the Notification Center without interrupting you.
- Siri Shortcuts offer a faster way to work with the ability for any app to work with Siri
- Add shortcuts with the "Add to Siri" button in supported apps or in Settings> Siri and Search  Siri suggests shortcuts on the screen lock and in search
- Motorsports results, schedules, stats and tables for Formula 1, Nascar, Indy 500 and MotoGP
- Search for time, location, people, subject or recent travel for Photos and Memories in Photos
- Translate sentences into more languages, with support for over 40 language pairs
- Review facts about celebrities, such as when they were born, and questions about food, including calories and nutritional content  Turn flashlight on or off
- Natural and expressive voice now available in Irish English, South African English, Danish, N orwegian, Cantonese and Mandarin (Taiwan)
- Shared experiences in ARKit 2 allow developers to create innovative AR apps to share with friends  Persistence allows developers to store and reload experiences directly where you left off
- Object detection and image tracking provide developers with new tools to detect real objects and track images as they move around the room
- AR Quick Look extends AR iOS, which lets you use AR – View and share objects with built-in apps such as News, Safari, and Files with friends using iMessage and Mail
- New augmented reality app for measuring objects and spaces
- Draw lines across surfaces or free space Measure and tap the label of a line for more information
- Measure automatically rectangular objects  Capture, share, and highlight screenshots of your measurements
Privacy and Security
- Improved Intelligent Tracking Prevention prevents Safari embedded content and social media buttons from tracking cross-site browsing without your permission
- Suppresses Ad Retargeting by Reducing Advertisers & # 39; Ability to Uniquely Identify iOS Devices
- Strong and unique passwords are automatically suggested when an account is created or a password is changed in most apps and in Safari  Reused passwords are marked in Settings> Passwords & Accounts
- AutoFill Security Code displays unique security codes that are sent via SMS as suggestions in the QuickType bar
- Passwords with contacts easier to use than ever before AirDrop of passwords and accounts in Settings
- Siri bottom Helps navigate quickly to a password on an authenticated device  Apple Books
- New design that makes it easy to discover and enjoy books and audiobooks
- With Reading Now, you can easily return to the book you're reading, or reading recommendations for the next  Add books to the new WANT TO READ collection to keep track of what you want to read next
- The bookstore makes it easy for you to book your next one Find Favorite Reading with New A A Popular Selection of Our Apple Books Editors and Recommendations Just Selected for You
- The new Audiobooks Store helps you find immersive stories and informative nonfiction by your favorite authors, Actors and celebrities are told.
- Find Now supports lyrics so you can use some of the words to find a song
- Artist pages have a simpler design with a personalized station for each artist's music
- The new friends mix is a playlist of songs you'll love about everything your friends hear
- New charts to show you the daily top 100 songs in countries around the world
- Apple News has been redesigned to help find new channels and themes
- The new sidebar on the iPad and the Channels tab on the iPhone make it easy to jump straight to your favorite publications and discover new ones
- Das completely new design allows you to share prices, interactive charts, and top news on iPhone and iPad
- Top Stories section contains articles by Apple News editors voted to highlight the latest news in the market
- Read Apple News stories directly in the app, formatted to work well on iPhone and iPad  The watchlist includes color-coded sparklines that let you view daily performance at a glance
- An interactive synopsis of each ticker icon and key details such as price, trading volume and more
- Completely new design with improved usability
- iCloud saves your recordings and edits synchronously on all your devices  Available on iPad with support for portrait and landscape modes
- Get notified when movies and TV shows can be viewed in Up Next
- Share your favorite movies, TV shows and sporting events with universal links
- Now supports chapters for programs containing them
- Skip 30 sec anden or to the next chapter with forward and backward buttons in your car or on your headphones
- Easily manage new episode notifications on the Listen Now screen
- Live Listen now works with AirPods for you Listening more clearly
- RTT phone call now works with AT & T
- Speak Selection now supports using the Siri voice to speak text that you have selected
Other features and enhancements
- Camera effects in FaceTime Transform your look in real-time  CarPlay supports third-party navigation apps
- Use contactless student IDs in Google Wallet on supported locations to access buildings and pay with Pay Pay
- Website icons can be found in the tabs on the iPad by going to Settings> Safari
- The Wet ter contains air quality index in supported regions
- Swipe quickly from the bottom of the screen to go to the iPad
- Swipe down from the top right to access the Control Center on the iPad
- Contains markup a palette of extra colors and options to change line width and opacity for each tool.
- The battery usage table in Settings now shows your usage for the last 24 hours or 10 days, and you can tap a bar see App Usage for that time period
- Touch and hold the space bar on devices without 3D Touch Turn your keyboard into a trackpad
- Maps adds support for Indoor Maps for airports and indoor shopping centers in China
- 19659033] New definition dictionary in Hebrew and bilingual dictionaries in Arabic and English as well as Hindi and English  New English Thesaurus
- Automatic software updates allow automatic installation of iOS updates overnight