Already in September, Tile announced that you can ask Google Assistant to find your tiled objects without telling you, "Hey Google, ask Tile" every time you make a request. This integration is now available. Therefore, we have put together a short guide how to use it to find your articles. We also put together some information about using Alexa with Tile.
First, you need to set up the tile with Google Assistant. Do the following:
- If you have a tile, open the Google Home app, tap Add, and then tap Set Up Device.
- On the Setup page, search for "Works with Google." "Tap the option" Have you already set something up? "
- Under" Add new ", look for" tiles "(there is a long list there, so you should probably use the search box above), and you will be asked to enter your tile credentials: [1
- If you want your tile to ring, which may make it easier to find it in your sofa cushions, ask the Google Assistant: "Hey, Google, ring my keys," or "Hey, google, ring my keys ".
- If you'd like Google Assistant to tell you the location of your tile, ask Google Assistant either, "Hey, Google, where are my keys?" Or "Hey, Google, find my keys." Keys were last seen at 16:00 near home. "
To set up Tile with Alexa:
- Open the Alexa app, tap the menu icon in the upper left corner and tap" Skills & Games "
- Top of the page Page should be a search bar or a magnifying glass. Search for tiles, select the tile skill from the search results, and tap Activate.
- Then enter your tile account information to log in.
- If you ask Alexa for her tiles, you still have to say: Alexa, please Tile, every time you make a request. Otherwise, the commands are similar to the Google Assistant commands, as shown in a Tile support document.
- If you want your tile to ring, ask Alexa, "Alexa, please Tile, ring my keys" or "Alexa, please tile to locate my keys".
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These do not affect editorial content, although Vox Media may earn commissions on products purchased through affiliate links. For more information, see our Ethics Policy .