There are many reasons why you can record your smartphone or PC screen is important. While it is increasingly becoming a feature that integrates with an operating system, if it does not, it's definitely a third-party app that will save the day. To record your screen on any device:
How to record your screen on Android
A native function
Users must wait until Android Q is released to get a native video recorder on their smartphone. However, some OEMs have already integrated the feature into their software.
OnePlus recently introduced OnePlus 7 Pro screen capture. Screen capture could also transition to older devices like OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 6. Follow these steps to enable screen capture in OnePlus 7 Pro.
- You may need to add the Screen Recorder option to the Quick Settings menu. To do this, tap the pencil icon at the bottom of the Quick Settings window and drag the Screen Recorder button up.
- Just tap the screen recorder to get started.
- When the screen records options When a pop-up is displayed, you can tap the red record button to start recording your screen.
- The gear icon opens the screen capture settings. Here you can adjust the video resolution, audio source, video orientation and much more.
- Most Xiaomi smartphones ship with the preinstalled MIUI Screen Recorder app from Xiaomi.
- You will find the Recorder screen in the Tools folder, either on your home page or in the app tray (if any).
- Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner to set or change settings such as video resolution and quality, orientation, sound source, frame rate, and more.
- Then tap the red record button on the bottom right, and then tap Start to begin recording your screen.
Huawei and Honor
- Huawei EMUI and Honor also include a screen capture.
- As with OnePlus, a screen shot (video camera icon) appears in the Quick Settings menu when you drop the notification shadow.
- You can also enable this feature screen capture by pressing and holding the power button and the vol up-down button at the same time.
- Repeat one of the two operations to finish the screen capture.
- With Samsung smartphones, you can record your screen with the Samsung Game Launcher.  Go to Settings – Advanced Features and enable Game Launcher. All your games are now moved to the Game Launcher folder.
- When playing a game, swipe from the bottom up. At the bottom left, you will see a screenshot / screenshot icon.
Using Google Play Games
- On some smartphones that do not have their own built-in video recorder, you can also record your screen gameplay using Google Play Games.
- You may need to download and sign in Play Games if you do not already have them on your device.
- Find the game you want to capture, and then tap the video camera icon above.
- If necessary, change the capture settings, and then tap Start to begin recording your game. While this method was developed for recording gameplay, you can stop the game as soon as screen recording options appear on the screen, and then record all other actions.
Using Google Play Games offers a quick workaround to basically get a native screen capture on your Android phone. Instead of going through all these steps, you should use a third-party app instead. There are a variety of third-party screen recording apps that you can download from the Google Play Store. One of our favorites is the AZ Screen Recorder.
- Download the app from the Google Play Store.
- The app asks for permission for a screen overlay. As a result, a hovering recorder head is displayed on the screen all the time. Touch the symbol to begin.
- You can adjust the settings by tapping the gear icon and start recording by tapping the red video camera button.
- You can stop recording by dragging the notification shadow down and pressing Stop button in the permanent notification.
The app does not require root access. There are no time restrictions, watermarks or ads, and some basic video editing features are also available. The AZ Screen Recorder is one of the best apps you can download.
How to Record Your Screen on Windows 10
Xbox Game Bar
Windows 10 has a built-in game bar which basically serves as a video recorder for recording the game, but can also be used for other purposes.
- Hold down the Windows key and G at the same time. Then choose "Yes, this is a game".
- Click the large capture button to begin capturing your screen. You can also make other settings and enable features such as recording audio through the microphone, activating broadcasts, and so on.
- The captured video is in the Captures folder of the "Videos" section on your C drive:
- open the Xbox app (by typing Xbox in the search bar). From the menu on the left, go to Settings and open the Records tab. If you do not want to use the Xbox app, you can also find it under Settings (Search for Windows search bar settings) – Games . You can then access the Game DVR settings and change settings such as audio and video quality, audio volume, video frame rate, and so on.
Unfortunately, not every Windows 10 PC supports screen capture via Game DVR. If your PC does not meet the hardware requirements, you must rely on third-party apps instead.
To capture your Chromebook screen, you'll need to rely on third-party apps and Google Chrome extensions for the time being. Luckily, there are some great options to choose from. Our recommendation here is loom. Unlike many other screen recorders, you do not have to worry about the recording time with Loom – not even with the free version.
- Enable the Loom Chrome extension by clicking Add to Chrome.
- The extension should be activated automatically to be added to the Chrome toolbar.
- Click on the icon. You may need to sign in with a Google Account.
- When setup is complete, you can easily record your screen by clicking Start Recording.
- Recording options include Screen Only, Screen + Camera (Laptop Camera), and Camera Only.
- You can also change audio and video sources by clicking Show advanced options.
With Loom Pro Edition, you can record your screen in HD, store unlimited, and access recording tools and a premium editing suite. If you want a free screen recorder for Chrome OS, Loom is for you.
Other popular options, such as Screencastify and Screencast-o-matic, have time limits of 15 minutes and 10 minutes. However, if you are looking for premium deals, they are both much cheaper than the Loom $ 10 monthly subscription. Screencastify and Screencast-o-matic will charge you $ 2 a month, or up to $ 4 a month.
So you have it for this summary, how you can record your screen on any device. If you found any other methods or apps that worked for you, let us know in the comments section below.