Have you just bought a brand new Chromecast without any indication of the facility? Or you may have set it up a long time ago, lost the instructions, and need to reconnect it now. Do not Worry – Android Authority helps you set up Chromecast.
Continue reading : How to use Google Home with Chromecast?
If you have not yet purchased a Chromecast. You might want to consider this. The base model costs only $ 35 and you can transfer content from your phone or tablet to a TV. Depending on your needs, it can be a complete replacement for true Smart TV devices. Some of us here at Android Authority would say that these are the best $ 35 we have spent for some time. There are currently two Chromecast versions. the standard model and the Chromecast Ultra, which transmits video content in 4K resolution. However, the setup for both devices is the same.
Either way, let's just jump right into your Chromecast setup.
Editor's suggestion: Are you looking for a new TV? Some brands now have the "Google Cast" technology, which is baked directly.
Chromecast setup with your Android phone
First, plug your Chromecast into your TV's HDMI input and plug it into your TV's USB port. If your TV does not have a free USB port (or is used), connect the device to a power outlet using the supplied AC adapter.
Next, change the input channel of your TV to that of your Chromecast connected to.
Before we can make the settings, we also need to do some things on your phone.
- Download the Google Home Android app from the Google Play Store. Open the app, accept the terms, log in to your Google Account, and follow the instructions.
- After completion of the initial setup, the main page should be displayed. Tap "Add," then "Set up your device," and then tap "Set up new devices" when your Chromecast appears.
- Confirm which Google Account you'd like to use for your Chromecast. Enable the app to use location services, and then tap OK.
- The app should then search for your connected Chromecast. When it appears on the screen of the app, tap "Next".
There are only a few steps left to go for the app and the TV:
- The TV should have a code to confirm that the Chromecast is connected to your app. In this case, tap "Yes".
- You may be asked to submit device statistics and crash reports to Google. Tap "Yes, I'm in" if you want or "No thanks" if you do not.
- Next, you can choose the room in your home that contains the Chromecast, or create your own name. Tap Add Custom Room and enter the room name.
- Next, you'll be asked to choose a Wi-Fi network for your Chromecast. Complete the necessary steps, then select "Set Network".
- Your Chromecast may receive some software updates. Just wait until they're done.
- Your Chromecast device is starting. Then you can enjoy your Google Cast experience!
Once everything is set up, compatible applications on your devices should display a cast icon when connected to the same Wi-Fi network. When watching a YouTube video, just click the Cast icon and select your specific device. The content is displayed on your big screen TV and you can control it conveniently with your smartphone. Very easily!
Any questions about Chromecast Setup issues? Feel free to contact us in the comments and we will do our best to help you.