There are many reasons to buy an Amazon Fire TV Stick. You can use it to intelligently design a standard TV and access all your video streaming apps. Even if you have a smart TV, the Firestick interface is probably faster and less prone to error than anything on the TV. More importantly, it's cheap. If you've bought one and are ready to go, here's what you need to know to set up an Amazon Firestick.
What you need to get started.
- First, do the following: Make sure the firestick works with your TV. You can start right away if your device has an HD (or higher) resolution and HDMI port. With the right HDMI to AV converter, you can bypass the HDMI connection requirements, but your mileage may vary.
- You need a good internet connection. Each video streaming app has similar minimum speed requirements. For example, Amazon Prime Video requires a 1 Mbps connection for SD content. HD and Full HD increase the minimum to 3.5 Mbps and 15 Mbps for 4K content. Faster, of course, is always better.
- Of course you also need an Amazon Fire TV stick. The price for the 1080p version is currently $ 39.99. For the 4K-enabled device you will receive an additional $ 10. Keep in mind that there are often discounts and special offers that make the Firestick even cheaper.
- If you already have an Amazon account, the setup process will be faster. When purchasing the device from Amazon, you will be asked if you want to connect the Firestick to your account.
How to set up the Amazon Firestick
- Connect the USB cable to the power supply Brick and the Micro USB port on the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Connect the Firestick to an HDMI port and plug the Power Brick into a nearby power outlet. The cable in the box is quite long. However, some may require extra length of cable to meet their needs.
- Turn on the TV and use the Source button on the remote control of the TV (not the Firestick remote) to open the correct HDMI channel. In some cases, the connector detects the device and says "Amazon Firestick".
- Set up the Firestick remote control while the device is charging (this may take a few minutes). Insert two AAA batteries into the remote control. Look for a sign with the arrow pointing up on the back. Place your thumb on this mark and gently push the back cover upwards.
- To use the remote, use the ring around the center button to navigate in the user interface. If necessary, press the center button to confirm a selection.
- After loading the firestick, press the play / pause button to start the setup process.
src = "https://cdn57.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/how-to-set-up-amazon -firestick-4-840×473.jpg "alt =" Finish the registration process for the Firestick] You will need to connect to a Wi-Fi network and the device will automatically scan and list nearby networks -Fi password (if required).
How to Install Apps on Amazon Firestick
- On the Home screen, navigate to the top menu bar and press right to go to the Apps section.
- You can scroll through feature apps or right to search games and apps categories.
- Click an app to add to your Firestick and select Get.
- Note that not every app is free.
- If you know what to look for, go to the Search section (left of Home in the top bar). Enter the name of the app and select the best search result. If the app is available, you can download it.
That's all you need to know to set up an Amazon Firestick.