You can plan aging according to your own ideas and mitigate the aging process without losing your personal freedom or independence. D The Boomer generation is the first to have easily accessible tools to help age smart strategies and save tens of thousands a year as part of a cared-for life through safe aging on the ground.
The latest technologies such as robots, the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR), personal assistants and "smart home" security are designed to meet the challenges of aging to meet. We can manage memory, vision and hearing disorders and switch from reactive to proactive using AI, data mining and sensors.
Want to start? Ask yourself …
- Are you open for information on the many available technical aids that can make your life easier?
- Where would you like to live your life? What feels right? Freedom makes the choice itself, so you do not let them meet you and live your life in a place where you do not feel that you belong.
- How will you care for your mind and body? and mind, when people are able to live decades longer than expected?
Technologies That Can Help:
- Robot Technology : In Ireland, Mylo acts as the robot's personal home assistant to relieve stress and worry when you live alone. Mylo can sense a fall or a cardiac event, check the heart rate, locate his patient at home, initiate an emergency response if necessary, and alert him when his patient is walking. Milo speaks more slowly, is more understandable and will not be irritated if the same questions are asked repeatedly.
- Lighting: The battery-powered, motion-sensitive LED night light with all-around lighting can be used for stairs, bathrooms, cabinets, kitchens and corridors. The Human Charger Light Therapy Device boosts energy levels and helps you to have a restful and sustained sleep. There are many options available.
- iGuardStove and FireAvert are automatic oven shutdown appliances designed to prevent a fire or a burnt pan from being left unattended or forgotten, saving lives and property.
Remember to make your environment simple and intuitive by limiting choices to increase independence and confidence. Thanks to the technology, you can safely and safely stay at home without feeling overwhelmed when you have too many options.
Plan and plant your seed for your very own, self-determined harvest before you need it. You can and should determine what is best for you today so that you do not have to deal with misfortune and crisis in the future.
Lisa Cini is an award-winning senior living designer, President / CEO, Mosaic Design Studio and author of The Future is Here: Senior Living Re-imagined and Hive who describe the four generations of their family living under one roof in their own home. Lisa's Website BestLivingTech.com provides technical products that help seniors to age and live independently.
Note: When you shop at Amazon through the Amazon Smile website (same products and features) As a regular Amazon site, the Amazon Smile Foundation donates 0.5% of your eligible product purchase to Senior Planet to support us all getting older! The product details pages of Eligible Products are labeled "eligible for Amazon Smile Donation". Find out all about it here.