We were all there – they run out of the door, coffee in one hand with their laptop in their other hand, and realize you have not planned a ride yet. Instead of having trouble pulling your phone out of your pocket, you can plan it with Amazon Echo ($ 100 on Amazon) . Alexa will tell you the closest options in your area so you can choose which one works best for you.
Before you begin, make sure that your home and work addresses are updated in the Uber or Lyft app. You also need a credit card, deposited with Uber or Lyft, to request one of the Ride Hail services.
How to book a Uber or Lyft at Amazon Echo.
1. In the Amazon Alexa app, enable the Uber skill in Skills & Games .
2. Log in with your Uber account or register.
3. Enter the 4-digit verification code that Uber sends you via SMS. Touch Review .
4. Tap Allow Uber to gain access to your location.
5. After your Uber account is linked to your echo, say "Alexa, please Uber to request a ride."
Other phrases that you can say:
- "Alexa, ask Uber to call me Uber-Black at work."
- "Alexa, please Uber to change my default pickup location."
- "Alexa, please Uber, where I'm going."
- "Alexa, please Uber to request an over X."
- "Alexa, Ask Uber to stop my ride."
1. In the Amazon Alexa app, enable the Lyft skill in Skills & Games .
2. Log in with your Lyft account or create a new account.
3. Enter the verification code sent by Lyft.
4. If you previously had a Lyft account, confirm that you are it by tapping . Yes, it's me .
5. Enter your e-mail address and tap Next .
6. Tap Accept to grant Lyft access to your location and account information.
7. Request a Lyft by saying, "Alexa, ask Lyft for a ride." Tell Lyft to rate my driver with five stars. "