Street signs, menus, newspapers, brochures. It's hard enough to travel and even harder if you can not read the signs. You could try typing every word in Google Translate, but it's much quicker to point your phone's camera to the words you need to translate right away and leave the rest to Google.
The Google Translate Camera Tool has an update that adds a whopping 60 new languages to the database so you can now translate 88 languages domestically and abroad. The update also adds a feature that identifies the language you want to translate. This is especially useful when multiple languages are involved.
Not only can you use the camera for fast translations, you can also import a photo of your camera roll to translate the text. The app is not perfect and some translations are a bit dated, but it's a helpful introduction to using AI to navigate languages you do not know.
You can use Google Translate on any phone. How to use it:
Translate text using your phone's camera.
It's so easy to point your camera at the text to get translations.
1. If you do not have the Google Translate app, download it now. It is available for Android and iPhone.
2. Touch the icon Camera .
3. The next page shows the new camera features in the Google Translate app. Touch Next .
4. Tap OK to grant Google Translate access to your camera. You must do this to continue. However, you can change your settings at any time.
5. Your in-app camera opens. Change the languages displayed above to Detect Language and in your preferred language.
6. Point the camera at the text to be translated.
7. Tap Stop translation to retrieve a still image of the text for easy reading.
8. Select Continue Translation if you want to proceed to the next phrase to translate. That was & # 39; s!
Use a picture of the camera roll of your phone.
1. Take a picture of a sign or text that you want to translate.
2. Open your Google Translate app and tap the Camera icon.
3. Tap the icon Import in the lower right corner.
4. Take the photo of your camera roll that you want to use.
5. Select the text to translate by swiping it with your finger.
You can also tap the Scan icon to take a picture and swipe the text you want to translate.
Learn more about Google Translate? Here are.